Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Use Nu Finish and find it hard to not stain the black plastic trim. (mud guards, rocker panels, etc.) Have used masking tape but it is a pain. Is there a polish/wax that you can recommend that is easy to use, is durable, and will not stain black trim. A friend uses "Ice" by Turtle Wax but I think it dries with an oily feel. Maybe a treatment for the trim to prevent the white stain from the wax?
Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
57 Posts
A white drafting eraser, available at any stationery store, takes the white haze off of plastic parts accidentally waxed. One manufacturer of the eraser is Staedtler and they make one caller a Mars Plastic Eraser.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are actually quite a few waxes that do not stain and work much better than NuFinish. Meguiar's Ultimate liquid or spray wax will not stain.Pinnacle souveran wax does not stain either and is so easy to work with. Autogeek has numerous other waxes at various price ranges.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I used Meg's Ultimate Liquid wax on my black 06 Pilot per the suggestion from a customer service tech at Autogeek. It did not stain the black trim, in fact it has actually protected it! I used the Meg's D151 paint reconditioning cream before hand and it brought back the black trim between the front and back windows as well as the whole paint job.
Good luck!

·
Registered
74 Posts
^^^What Sling said!

P21s is fantastic wax. I've been using it for years. It works really well on white/light colors/silver/gray paints, but you can put it on any color. It isn't cheap at $37 a jar, but I wouldn't use anything else.

With all the black plastic trim on my white Pilot, P21s is perfect. Over applications on the plastic wipe right off if you catch them in a reasonable amount of time. No unsightly white residue.

For my black car, I use Natty's Blue. Not as easy to clean off plastic trim as P21s, but not too bad.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Meguiars Ultimate Liquid wax and D151 but there are other products out there.....just google search it or check some of the detailing sales sites. good luck

·
Registered
713 Posts
I use Optimum Opti Seal... wax on walk away style sealant that you can put on any surface of your vehicle (except for convertible tops).

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use Turtle Wax Ice. You can put it on the black trim and does not leave and white on it. It gives a nice shine to it and you can never tell that you have put anything on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts