Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Pilot owner 04-12-03.

Today I traded in my wife's Plymouth Grand Voyager with 129,000 miles for a Silver EX-L. My wife is so happy. What a great vehicle the Pilot is --especially compared to what we
replaced.

I was so worried that on the 90 mile drive to San Antonio from Austin the Voyager would blow-up. So glad it didn't. This is our first Honda and what a great experience at the dealership. Quality people and a quality Pilot for my wife to drive. The only downer is that the Pilot is hers and not mine. I guess I'll be nice and see if she'll take me for a ride.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
dougelder said:
New Pilot owner 04-12-03.

Today I traded in my wife's Plymouth Grand Voyager with 129,000 miles for a Silver EX-L. My wife is so happy. What a great vehicle the Pilot is --especially compared to what we
replaced.

I was so worried that on the 90 mile drive to San Antonio from Austin the Voyager would blow-up. So glad it didn't. This is our first Honda and what a great experience at the dealership. Quality people and a quality Pilot for my wife to drive. The only downer is that the Pilot is hers and not mine. I guess I'll be nice and see if she'll take me for a ride.
Welcome to Pilot.org, dougelder!!!! After that over-the-hill Grand Voyager, you must feel like you died and woke up in heaven in your new Pilot!!!

As for the Pilot belonging to your wife....when it comes time to replace whatever you're driving, why not make that a Pilot, too?

·
Registered
23 Posts
As for the Pilot belonging to your wife....when it comes time to replace whatever you're driving, why not make that a Pilot, too?
I am so down with that. We dumped our white whale Dodge Grand Caravan for the Pilot, so the Pilot is primarily my wife's ride. However, while I am not the "primary" driver of the Pilot, I have been so impressed with the drive and feel of the vehicle when I have "Piloted" it that I have already informed the wife that we may have two Pilots in the driveway in the near future.
:29:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Bravo dougelder....

Welcome to the family and congratulations.

I can feel for you as far "the wifes Pilot" goes...but I get to Pilot it on the weekends and on trips...and I love it. She is so happy with everything about it...not a single complaint so far.

Enjoy!

Don

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
UMGoBlue said:

I am so down with that. We dumped our white whale Dodge Grand Caravan for the Pilot, so the Pilot is primarily my wife's ride. However, while I am not the "primary" driver of the Pilot, I have been so impressed with the drive and feel of the vehicle when I have "Piloted" it that I have already informed the wife that we may have two Pilots in the driveway in the near future.
:29:
This may also be the eventual solution for my husband and me, when the time comes to retire the '98 Civic.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I sold my van yesterday. I have to say, it did make me a little sad. I had a hard time deciding to give up a van for the Pilot. I love the new car, but the van was awfully handy. Easy in the carpool lines, easy at the Home Depot. I really do love my Pilot, but I can't say any bad things about having a van either...except maybe that I never was able to parallel park it town. I can do that with the Pilot.:)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Ziploc said:

This may also be the eventual solution for my husband and me, when the time comes to retire the '98 Civic.
It's kinda interesting how many people here have indicated they would seriously consider owning two Pilots!! I REALLY like ours, but I would have a hard time justifying owning two. Our other car is a Sebring convertible - which seems to compliment the Pilot very well. It is our "put the top down - act like a kid again - fun to drive" car. The Pilot is our "fun to drive - do everything" car.

I keep telling the Mrs we should sell the Sebring and get an Element. :eek: :25: :twak:

·
Registered
771 Posts
My husband loves the Element. He thought it was the ugliest car on the planet on the road until we went to the dealership to look at the Pilot. Now he wants one. Perfect for him though, he is a messy surfer.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Alexandra242628 said:
My husband loves the Element. He thought it was the ugliest car on the planet on the road until we went to the dealership to look at the Pilot. Now he wants one. Perfect for him though, he is a messy surfer.
Not a lot of surfing options here in Colorado - but I still like the Element.
:eek:

I didn't realize until this last weekend how neat the seats fold up on the sides. They are also pretty easy to remove completely.

·
Registered
771 Posts
It is a perfect utility car, DH loves the rubber floor (sand can get everywhere) and the "wet-suit" like seats. The seats also lay flat...perfect for when he is in the doghouse.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Alexandra242628 said:
The seats also lay flat...perfect for when he is in the doghouse.

Hmmmm, that may be the selling point I need to convince the Mrs we need one too!!! :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Florida_Guy, are you listening?

see, the thread drift here... towards the Honda Element... and how it would be a good lifestyle fit...

wine could safely be splashed in it. Boats and camping gear can be stowed (prior to be destroyed in the natural elements...) maybe they've even thought to make it somewhat flame-retardent for those out-of-control lamb burger bar-b-cues/tailgate parties...

food for thought, indeed...

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Florida_Guy, are you listening?

Bigrob said:
see, the thread drift here... towards the Honda Element... and how it would be a good lifestyle fit...

wine could safely be splashed in it. Boats and camping gear can be stowed (prior to be destroyed in the natural elements...) maybe they've even thought to make it somewhat flame-retardent for those out-of-control lamb burger bar-b-cues/tailgate parties...

food for thought, indeed...
I'm listening but it is not recommended by Consumer Reports and I don't care for the way it looks so it is unlikely that I will consider it. :)

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Bigrob said:
in fact, the Element with it's instant bed feature would have been the solution to your rainy camping disaster!
I would have had too much stuff back there for there to be any room for me. :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
besides... when I originally thought of the Element being a good fit for you, I thought you were younger. I didn't realize that you were even older than me.

so the Pilot would be a good answer for you in the short term until you trade up to the Park Avenue in a couple of years. To better fit your demographic.:D

on a more serious note, have you gotten any further info on the NAVI for 2004? you and I are holding off for the same reason, I think...

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Bigrob said:

so the Pilot would be a good answer for you in the short term until you trade up to the Park Avenue in a couple of years. To better fit your demographic.:D

on a more serious note, have you gotten any further info on the NAVI for 2004? you and I are holding off for the same reason, I think...
I ain't anywhere near ready for a cane yet. :)

No new info on the Nav for 2004.

·
Registered
180 Posts
hey, I noticed you changed your signature line... up to 196K now. Closing in on a major milestone!

Just passed one I thought was pretty significant... 1111111. It'll be a long time before I see something like that again...

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Bigrob said:
besides... when I originally thought of the Element being a good fit for you, I thought you were younger. I didn't realize that you were even older than me.

Hey now - take it easy there!!!! I traded in a '99 Park Avenue for my Pilot!! :2: :2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts