Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am thinking of buying a 2006 4WD EX-L and saw this leak behind the driver's side front tire. Could someone please tell me what this is and if it is an easy fix? Sorry that the photo quality isn't great. Many thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Hi all,
I am thinking of buying a 2006 4WD EX-L and saw this leak behind the driver's side front tire. Could someone please tell me what this is and if it is an easy fix? Sorry that the photo quality isn't great. Many thanks!
Is it transmission fluid or motor oil leaking. Need to know where the leak is coming from.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,181 Posts
Look at the top side of the transmission. Perhaps you will see the source of the leak since it appears to be coming from higher up based on the moisture trail.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,276 Posts
Agreed. A leak like that can be a deal killer unless there's some really good 'splaining. Even so, get a second opinion from a trusted mechanic who'd inspect it before you make an offer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! On Wednesday I ended up getting a different 06 EX-L that was cheaper and in much better shape. Thursday replaced the valve cover gaskets, radiator, and brake pads. Then yesterday drove it 12 hours through the Andes mountains. What a great ride! Now because of Covid restrictions here I have to wait til Monday to continue the journey to the muddy jungle and home sweet home. Many thanks to all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts