Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been i wait mode for the 2019 Pilot to come down a bit in price, and out of curiosity looked at the 2018 CRV.

I was absolutely amazed at the fit/finish of the CRV, and it feels much more premium inside than even the 2019 Pilot.

Sitting in the Pilot after the CRV makes the Pilot feel cheaply done, especially with non-perforated flat leather seats of all but the top trim Pilots.

The back seat in the CRV has 2 full inches more legroom than the Pilot!

I'm looking at the AWD EX or EX-L trims, and they are roughly $5K less than the Pilot.

This vehicle will mostly be for city driving, occasional long trips, trips to the snow, etc.

Reasons I like the Pilot:

Great drivetrain (V6 & 6 speed)
Heavier/Safer?

Reasons I dislike the Pilot:
Looks like a tooth
Big
Price

Reasons I like the CRV:
Awesome interior
Fairly attractive exterior
Small on the outside

Reasons I dislike the CRV:
Smaller (less safe?)
New drivetrain (1.5 Turbo w/CVT)

Opinions???

·
Registered
16 Posts
We have a 2016 touring crv and a 2019 touring pilot. I got an insane deal on my pilot 41,500. Both vehicles are great. I used to have an Odyssey. I wanted something that could hold 8 again. Granted not as much room as the van. Crv has better mpg by 10. Depends on your needs.

·
Super Moderator
15,156 Posts
Please stop me from doing something rash (Honda CRV > Pilot?)

I bought a 16 CRV as the Pilot was just a tad too new kid in the block when I was looking.
I miss the pilot's V6 engine and size. So many times I've wished for the comfort and quiet of the V6 in the Pilot. On longer journeys especially.
Yet I love the CRV handling and mpg. I'm loving it more and more. It's agile, something the Pilot isn't. The newer generation is even better.p

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
CRV has a hell of a lot of more MODS available including suspension lift kits ..the PILOT does not.... I wish there was though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts