Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i play a video game system(playstation 2) in the pilot? specifically where do i plug in the power. i know where to put the av cables

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just did this, and even I, the Mom who hates video games, thought it was pretty cool. You need a special plug that fits into the power outlet and converts that power to standard ac power. It will have a regular house looking outlet on it. I got one for N64 rated at 60 continious amps. They have larger ones for powering TV/VCR's, but that was more power than I needed. I found mine at Radio Shack, but they also had them at Wal-Mart. I'm sure a Best Buy or Circuit City would too. I think it was called a DC to AC Inverter, but if you tell the clerk what you are trying to do, they will know exactly which piece it is you need. The one I got was just 1 piece. The one at Wal-Mart had a plug attached to a cord with a box on the end that had the household outlet in it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have the one with one outlet but is better if you get the one with two you never know what else do you need to plug also remember after you connect the Y-R-W cables in the input area select AUX on the radio and that's it. You are in the game area.

We use the converter for the blow dryer the Video camera also we watch pictures, videos, is very useful

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
acura/honda fam said:
how do i play a video game system(playstation 2) in the pilot? specifically where do i plug in the power. i know where to put the av cables
There are numerous Power Inverters on the market. I would recommend that you purchase at least a 300 watt one to run a video game console.

Here is a recent thread regarding inverters.

If you have a Nintendo Game Cube, you can plug the Game Cube directly into the accessory outlet with the Game Cube Power Adapter.

The same is available Here for a PS1.

I'm not sure if there are other direct power cables for PS2 or the XBox.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Re: playing video game systems

SteveLuman said:

There are numerous Power Inverters on the market. I would recommend that you purchase at least a 300 watt one to run a video game console.

Here is a recent thread regarding inverters.

If you have a Nintendo Game Cube, you can plug the Game Cube directly into the accessory outlet with the Game Cube Power Adapter.

The same is available Here for a PS1.

I'm not sure if there are other direct power cables for PS2 or the XBox.
all this works fine...but hw do I convince my wife to drive while I sit back there playing my PS2....any suggestions ??:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone had fuse problems while using an XBOX or a PS2 with an inverter connected the a power outlet? The manual says that the power outlets can support a maximum of 120 Watts/10 amps.

I thought the latests consoles drew more power than that.

I'm looking to get a 300W inverter for my Xbox so I'd like to know anyone has succesfully done this without electrical problems.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Re: Re: playing video game systems

I'm not sure if there are other direct power cables for PS2 or the XBox. [/B]
There is no direct power cable for the PS2. Furthermore, Sony expressly states that the PS2, because of its shock sensitivity, is not for mobile use, and using it in your car will likely damage the unit and void the warranty (if they find out about it).

Others will tell you that they have done this with no problems, and I don't doubt it, but the above is the party line from Sony. Play a PS2 in your car at your own risk.

·
Registered
23 Posts
minhn said:
Has anyone had fuse problems while using an XBOX or a PS2 with an inverter connected the a power outlet? The manual says that the power outlets can support a maximum of 120 Watts/10 amps.

I'm looking to get a 300W inverter for my Xbox so I'd like to know anyone has succesfully done this without electrical problems.
Ohm's Law Watts = V * A

10 Amps at 12 Volts is 120 Watts. 300 Watts at 120 V would only draws 2.5 A. Obviously there is power consumed by the inverter, but realize that there is a difference in draw off the battery to the output rating.
You'd have to look at the specs for the inverter you wish to purchase to ensure that your circuit can handle it.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
minhn said:

The PS2 specs state a power consumption of only 79W (link to Sony PS2 site) at 120V, which would put it at about 0.7A.

The XBox specs state a power consumption of 100W (link to XBox specs - see page 18) at 120V, which would put it at about 0.8A.

Check the unit itself to verify these specs for your model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts