Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I saw this thing here where you attach it to the wheel so you can step on it and access or clean the roof. I think kemosabe posted that. I tried search with no luck. So if anybody know what it's called or have a link to that thread.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
620 Posts
5speeder said:
Hi:

I saw this thing here where you attach it to the wheel so you can step on it and access or clean the roof. I think kemosabe posted that. I tried search with no luck. So if anybody know what it's called or have a link to that thread.

Thanks a lot.
I know, I washed my car for the first time yesterday... it's a bear trying to clean and dry the roof!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
5speeder said:
Hi:

Thanks a lot.
I have found it rather easy to clean the rear roof of the Pilot by stepping directly on the rear tires. As far as the front part of the roof, I stand in the front door access areas.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Re: Re: platform?

SteveLuman said:

I have found it rather easy to clean the rear roof of the Pilot by stepping directly on the rear tires. As far as the front part of the roof, I stand in the front door access areas.
I do the same in the rear but for the front I use my wife's step stool she uses in the kitchen to reach those higher cabinets. It works pretty well, I just have to be careful not to hit the car with it when I move it from one side to the other. I'm 6' tall and the step stool trick barely works for me.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I use a wash pad on a pole. It looks like a wash mitt, soft white cotton with a sponge inside, but has a pole that can be extended about 5 feet.

I'm tall enough with a long enough wing span that it seems to work. To dry the roof, I put a white cotton towel under the pole mitt and use the pole mitt to move it around. Toward the front, and the areas that I can reach, I follow it up with a chamois or microfiber towel.

·
Registered
328 Posts
jay said:
I use a wash pad on a pole. It looks like a wash mitt, soft white cotton with a sponge inside, but has a pole that can be extended about 5 feet.

I'm tall enough with a long enough wing span that it seems to work. To dry the roof, I put a white cotton towel under the pole mitt and use the pole mitt to move it around. Toward the front, and the areas that I can reach, I follow it up with a chamois or microfiber towel.
Where did you get your wash pad on a pole???

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
2GREENCARS said:

Where did you get your wash pad on a pole???
I got it at Wal-Mart. I believe they're also available at Pep Boys and other auto parts stores. I think it was the "Detailers Choice" brand.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Re: Re: platform?

SteveLuman said:

This is where the Sidesteps come in handy, for reaching the front center of the roof!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts