Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed some small, but obvious, cuts on the plastic panel underneath the driver's side safety belt rest, and suspect that they are caused by the belt buckle when it is released by the driver and kicks back into the rest. So far, I've found cuts only on the driver's side, and this must be because the other seats have been seldom used.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

My old Mazda doesn't have this problem because its corresponding location is covered by fabric.

I am thinking of covering up the problem area with something. Any ideas as to what to use?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yes, defintely have the same problem. I believe that this has been mentioned in another thread as well. I think someone even had their piece replaced.

Scott

·
Registered
212 Posts
I complaint on my 1st 6,000 km maintenance

I told the mechanic about the scratch around the car, and point to the dens/scratch on the driver side seat belt.

He just told me becareful not to bang the seat belt when release, and futher said that all the other honda (Accord, civic) use the same plastic. I disagree with him that the other Honda's interior plastic is better in taking scratch.

He look at me like I am a scum. Nothing he would do, all I ask was MAYBE he can try to buff it smooth, NO.

If really anyone has those trim(s) replaced, please posted with dealer's name and phone #. So that I will print out and show it to the mechanic. Thanks.

PS Both sides, driver and passenger show same damages.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I think the MDX guys have the same complaint.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
N_Jay said:
I think the MDX guys have the same complaint.
Yea, we call them "pillar nicks" and they cannot be avoided. A couple of folks had dealers do "goodwill" replacements early on. "Goodwill" meaning "don't ask us again, please".

FWIW no one has implemented a solution. Some have contemplated having an upholstery shop do the pillars in felt/fabric like the headliner, and others have though about using the 3M clearbra/xpel product.

I, for one, don't even notice them.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'm shocked that some of the more "mod crazy" guys on the MDX site haven't come up with a carbon fiber replacement or something. Those guys are slipping! :D

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts