408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me what's the reason for this two little plastic buttons

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
For the first time...

Wow - what a smooth seat! How did you manage that? Regarding the spots, I have seen them but I don't have a clue or even an opinion. First time for everything. BPILOT

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Don't have them in mine ...

PrG

·
Registered
162 Posts
Me neither!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Those indicate that the seat is equipped with the LATCH/Isofix system for securing car seats. On some cars, they're embossed with a little pic of a carseat or some such. Fell around between the seat & seatback and you'll find two anchors in essentially the same position as those two little buttons. Car seats now can come equipped with two little hooks that attach to those LATCH anchors and it makes carseats easier to install & more secure.

·
Registered
91 Posts
No plastic buttons on my seats, only saggy leather seats.

·
Registered
920 Posts
EVERY Pilot has the LATCH system...look in the seond row---

·
Registered
12 Posts
Buttons

MG - Correct, every Pilot does have the LATCH system. BufalloNY is NOT referring to the Anchor on the back of the seat but rather to 2 Anchors located between the seat and seat cushion. The 2 black dots indicate that these two anchors are in line with dots but down between the seats.

I have the black dots and the anchors are exacty where BuffalloNY said they would be.

By the way, we use car seats everday in our Pilot but only utilize the anchors located on the back of the seats.

Steven

·
Registered
797 Posts
Correct, they indicate the LATCH location. LATCH works great!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the black buttons that indicate the LATCH position.
The car seats I installed are not equipped for latch, so I used the tether anchor at the back.

·
Registered
797 Posts
ex0904 said:
I have the black buttons that indicate the LATCH position.
The car seats I installed are not equipped for latch, so I used the tether anchor at the back.
Most car seats now have LATCH upgrade kits available. Ours is from Century. You can get the seat much tighter with the lower LATCH belt than the seat belt. It also keeps you from messing up the seat belt with creases and the locking clip. Also, in the center position (using the inside of the side positions), you do not have to have the middle seat belt hanging down.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
autobahn said:

Most car seats now have LATCH upgrade kits available. Ours is from Century. You can get the seat much tighter with the lower LATCH belt than the seat belt. It also keeps you from messing up the seat belt with creases and the locking clip.
Yes, LATCH is a nifty thing. Our only LATCH seat is in our non-LATCH car, so I haven't been able to try it out, but it certainly makes a safe installation easier for many people (though a good seatbelt installation is still safe!) I'd be surprised if you needed a locking clip with a seatbelt in the Pilot, though. Just out of curiosity, did you try installing a seat using the belts, and did you have difficulty?
Also, in the center position (using the inside of the side positions), you do not have to have the middle seat belt hanging down.
That middle seatbelt is a little annoying, isn't it? I have the same thing in my CR-V. Combine that with the carseat's tether, and you've got quite a busy little view up there. Luckily, Honda is one of the few automakers that allows you to use the middle LATCH anchors to install a seat in the center (I know Ford does, and Toyota doesn't, but I don't know about anyone else). However, you've got to make sure your carseat manufacturer allows it as well. Some don't, either because the seats haven't been tested that way, or they were tested that way and failed (I know Britax does, but I don't know which other carseat manufacturers have declared this safe).

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
swoon you don't have the chance to see my driver seat look like a balloon of water, really saggy seat

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry to start something different but him mention the nice seats so I'm showing the reality of saggy

thanks

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you buffalo NY this site really rocks:9:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts