Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

As soon as my wife returns from a short vacation (no quips please),
I'll be signing for a new Pilot. I'm in Canada, so they offer the EX-L, which has the leather and heated seats. That seems to be the only difference from the EX. I admit I'm a tad reluctant to drop another 2 grand for just those two things, but am willing to do so.

I've read throughout this site that there can be problems with the leather upholstery sagging within a few months after delivery. Also something about various interior door trim pieces being troublesome. Can anyone comment on these problems, especially the sagging leather. Are many Pilot owners with leather seats experiencing this? For two grand Canadian for leather upholstry, I'd expect normal superior Honda quality (I'm on my third consecutive Accord).

Thanks!

Ant.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I thought it seemed to sag after the first drive....but after that I didn't notice any sagging. I think it looked stretched that first day, but it sprang right back and hasn't sagged again. Others likely have different results, but mine is just fine.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I tend to believe that the saggy leather syndrome is actually inadequiate cushioning syndrome, which manifests itself in less than taut leather. Compared to my previous experience with leather upholstery, I find the front leather seats inadequately cushioned.

That said, I don't find the sag to be that much of a negative - the sag is minimal albeit noticeable.

At some point, I'll probably raise the issue with my dealer, but with only 2500 miles on the odo in the seven months of ownership, I'm in no rush.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Saggy Leather

Hi Antonin. I picked up my EX-L on 7/12/03 and the leather is already sagging on the driver and passenger side. I weigh 175 lbs. and my wife weighs (and you did not hear this from me) around 115. When I bring the Pilot in for it's first oil change at 3,750, I'll discuss this issue with the service manager.

·
Registered
570 Posts
We have had ours for 10 months now. I noticed the "sag" within the first 200-300 miles.

Interestingly, we ordered a cloth EX, but our dealer got alloted an EX-L which was in before our cloth EX and we took it.

The sag has not gotten any worse IMHO than it was the week after we bought it. We are now at 11,000 miles. I drive the Pilot most of the time, and the other seats do not show any sag at all. I also find the seats comfortable.

I have no concens about this long term. It is a cosmetic thing, but one I can live with. I notice that many other cars (ie Volkswagen and Audis in particular) have the same "sag."

To each his own, but I would order the EX-L again. I do condition mine once a month with Lexol. I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but the seats are holding up well.

-------
ncelk
TW EXL-chrome tips, fog lights, running boards

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:) no sags, no leather issues at all.

·
Registered
620 Posts
A month and a half and no sagging... yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts