Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are taking a long vacation that will have us traveling from the coast of North Carolina into the mountains of Tennessee. Then we'll be heading into Atlanta, Orlando and Miami.

I have an S2000 event in Tennessee and this is why we want to bring the S2000. Also, because we have such a great time in the S!:p However, my back is screaming NO on driving the S2000 during the entire trip.

So, here comes the question. I want to tow the S2000 (using a dolly) during the entire trip. The S2000 weighs about 2800 lbs.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Traffic?

I don't think the S200& dolly will present much of load to the Pilot's engine, but how about the brakes? Does your dolly have 'surge brakes' built-in or how does it slow down?

In heavy traffic or high speeds {which you might encounter both around Miami ;) } I'd worry about braking & the safety of the towed & towing vehicles as your stopping distance will increase, but tailgaters will mash the S2000...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Traffic?

renov8r said:
I'd worry about braking & the safety of the towed & towing vehicles as your stopping distance will increase, but tailgaters will mash the S2000...
:eek: :eek: :p :p My poor S2000!

I'll have to test the Pilot around town. I will be sure to keep my distance while towing but it's the other folks who are ignorant to a vehicle being towed and can't begin to comprehend the reason you're leaving 4 car lenghts ahead of you.

Hmmm, maybe I should get a nice set of AIR HORNS!!!:p :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
NO, NO, NO....do not tow an S2000 ona dolly, only way to tow one is flat on a trailer. Info is in your owners manual, has to do with the rear diff. good luck.

Phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts