Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 J35Z4 engine rebuild (broken oil pan --> loss of oil pressure --> loss of main bearings & metal throughout engine)

Anybody have success with disassembling the piston squirters? Or are they something you just replace?

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,843 Posts
If by piston squirters you mean fuel injectors then it again depends on what you are talking about. This is the full fuel injector assembly.

This is the fuel injector itself. #1 in the above diagram.

The full assembly can be taken apart and pieces replaced as needed. The injector themselves are generally just replaced.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, not the fuel injectors... squirters are attached with a banjo bolt under the piston, inside the block, and are to spray oil and cool the backside of the piston. Not something you'd see unless you have the crank removed. I'll get a photo... hold tight!

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
519 Posts
Aww, man, I was hoping maybe we found a cool new name for fuel injectors. Maybe we can still call them "go-juice squirters."

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 194,000 miles
337 Posts
2009 J35Z4 engine rebuild (broken oil pan --> loss of oil pressure --> loss of main bearings & metal throughout engine)

Anybody have success with disassembling the piston squirters? Or are they something you just replace?
Do you think they failed, or aren’t working? Banjo bolts are just fluid passages, so just making sure they are clean would be pretty easy with some pipe cleaners and some cleaning solvent.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,843 Posts
You mean the Oil Jets. You can clean the out and they should be good. If you find a damaged one I would replace them all. The J35 motor takes three of them. Honda Part No.: 15280-R70-A00

I'm not quite sure what you mean by disassembly. They are a one piece oil jet held in by a banjo bolt.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You mean the Oil Jets. You can clean the out and they should be good. If you find a damaged one I would replace them all. The J35 motor takes three of them. Honda Part No.: 15280-R70-A00

I'm not quite sure what you mean by disassembly. They are a one piece oil jet held in by a banjo bolt.
ok, thanks. I was hoping I could remove the innards of the banjo bolt. But I guess not!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts