Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was not too happy with the Honda Radio so i installed a Pioneer Premier DEH-P940MP with the XM tuner. The sound is much better and i am looking forward to adding my MB Quart speakers and JL Audio Sub.

I kept the old Honda Radio as a BIG CLOCK and so that if someone looks in, they think the factory radio is still in.

I will add more photos when i do the rest of the work.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Looking good! Gotta love that XM!:D

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
jksjb: How big is the gap (circled in green on the image below) between your Pioneer and the Center Lower Cover??? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I noticed the gap too. Trying to figure out how to get a perfect install is what's keeping me from finalizing my music solution. I want it to look like its factory, but so many of the solutions I've looked at seem to be missing the required polish to feel like a factory install.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will measure them and but from looking they are not that bad. The one reason they look bigger in the photo is the flash makes them stand out more. I am going to take the pocket that was in there and cut it out to fit around the stereo to fill in the gap but ran out of time during the install and wanted to get it back together for the week. It will be a few weeks till i get to it as i will be traveling for the next few.

I was worried about the gap but once i took it apart and looked at the old pocket i can fix it, just need to take my time so i only use one.

I am not crazy about the pocket they sell with the kit for the Pilot where it replaces the main head unit. Does not look nice and clean. This was the only option i came up with that i liked and boy does it sound better already. My wife who drives the car most of the time is happy so i guess i did something right.

·
Registered
225 Posts
http://www.formica.com/productgroup.jsp?group_id=5

If you are into DIY then products like the above link that you might check out. Most good modelmakers could make a fascia out of this type of material that would be perfect. Actually pretty straight forward when u boil it down. Rectangle with a rectangle hole

ciao
mooz
exlss

also this is the same material "Deco" that is used for some "real aluminum" dask kits

·
Registered
407 Posts
jksjb,

If you're willing to fork out the money, Sound Advice can do custom work. Since you're in Tampa, I know there's one on South Dale Mabry and another one on Fowler (close to University Mall).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
riseboi

Do you have any photos of your stereo upgrades? Did you do the install or did you have SA do the work. I ran all the wires for the new sub to the rear so i just need to pick one out and then install it. JL Audio 10" is what i am going to probably go with.

·
Registered
407 Posts
jksjb said:
riseboi

Do you have any photos of your stereo upgrades? Did you do the install or did you have SA do the work. I ran all the wires for the new sub to the rear so i just need to pick one out and then install it. JL Audio 10" is what i am going to probably go with.
I did take pics but for some reason everytime I try to attach an image nothing shows. I can't figure out. Anyways, I installed everything except the amp. If you're planning on installing the sub in the factory location, keep in mind that you'll likely need to have an adapter ring made to allow for an aftermarket sub to be installed. Additionally, I'm not sure there's enough room in the enclosure for a JL Audio 10" sub. Most JL's are at least 5" deep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts