Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Pilot
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got rid of the cassette adapter in the wife's Pilot and replaced the stock radio with this Pioneer. Install was pretty simple and I programmed a Maestro so she can keep her steering wheel controls.
Just figured I'd post it up somewhere...

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Finally got rid of the cassette adapter in the wife's Pilot and replaced the stock radio with this Pioneer. Install was pretty simple and I programmed a Maestro so she can keep her steering wheel controls.
Just figured I'd post it up somewhere...

🤠

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does all the tweeters and the sub work with just a plug in kit and your new radio? Been trying to get an answer of the difference in sound with the new unit and Honda speaker setup. Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where is the amp input? I have to figure out the subwoofer connect at the back of the radio? I have some older nice Advent amps lying around and old 12's from my former years. I was hoping just to buy a plug in kit to wire to the original harness for the New radio; ah, what a mess.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sub is on a different connector. If your car got a factory sub, you are looking for an audio unit connector that only got two wires on one side - or it might have other wires there, but the two on the side will be noticeably thicker.
This image should apply, sub wires are 1 and 8 on connector B.

Yes, Pilot audio head has a built-in amp for the sub, not something you will find on any aftermarket unit. Factory tweeters are wired parallel to front door speakers, so they will work fine.

·
Registered
413 Posts
In my case, I just went with new 2-way speakers in all 4 doors, a 300W Kicker sub, new wiring run to them all and a 5-channel (75 x 4 + 300) amp under passenger seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts