Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed in your sig, you mention the "teflon sealant". What exactly is that? Is that something you had to have some shop perform or something you did yourself? I'm rather interested since during the winters around here, there tends to be alot of salt and grime on the roads. Thanks.

·
Registered
804 Posts
There is this shop down here that says they're the exclusive retailer for this product. They have some chemist in PA (I think) that formulates the stuff. Basically, its a teflon that bonds to the paint and seals it from oxidation and such. I had it done on my '86 T-bird and it worked fine for the 9 years that I had it.

Its not a shiny as some of the waxes out there, but its very low maintenance and does the job.

The shop has a web site (below), but I'll try to get the manu/destributors site next week.

http://www.techformula.net/teflon.html

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ferdball said:
There is this shop down here that says they're the exclusive retailer for this product. They have some chemist in PA (I think) that formulates the stuff. Basically, its a teflon that bonds to the paint and seals it from oxidation and such. I had it done on my '86 T-bird and it worked fine for the 9 years that I had it.

Its not a shiny as some of the waxes out there, but its very low maintenance and does the job.

The shop has a web site (below), but I'll try to get the manu/destributors site next week.

http://www.techformula.net/teflon.html

Hope that helps.
Cool, thanks for your timely reply. I'll check it out. Sure sounds like a pretty good product though.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I'm not a winter expert, but I believe that rustproof protection is usually from the inside out. Sealing the paint shouldn't affect this.

Does anyone else know for sure?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ferdball said:
I'm not a winter expert, but I believe that rustproof protection is usually from the inside out. Sealing the paint shouldn't affect this.

Does anyone else know for sure?
Ferdball, your assumption is correct. However, what concerns me, besides the rusting problem, is when all that salt and grime gets all over my car and somehow affects the clearcoat and the paint, possibly making the paint fade or discolor.

·
Registered
804 Posts
RipRock, here is the number of the distributor. I can't find their website though. Good luck.

800-245-4828

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ferdball said:
RipRock, here is the number of the distributor. I can't find their website though. Good luck.

800-245-4828
Ferdball, thank you so much! I love this site :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts