Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has done any pin-striping and, if so, how it turned out. It seems to me that pin-striping might help break up some of the rather large (vacant?) pieces of sheet-metal on this vehicle (especially the darker colors).

Hope I haven't offended anyone and acknowledging that "beauty is in the eye, etc". I ordinarily like and appreciate conservative too but, I'm sorry, this terrific vehicle is in need of just a little "pizaaz".

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Our Pilot EXL is sandstone with a gold pinstripe. I think it looks very nice. Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge, Va pinstripes most all Honda's they sell. Pinstripe looks very good on the Pilot as well as the CRV. I'd go for it if I were you.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Like Pinstripe--But Painted

I've got to conclude that I like what a well-done pinstripe does for the Pilot. I saw one in a parking lot the other day, a Silver EX-L, but at first was puzzled why I found it more attractive than my own Silver. Then, I realized it was sporting a thin black pinstripe. To my eye, it somehow makes the large expanse of metal look a tad more sleek.

BUT, after having had a car with a TAPE pinstripe, I think I'd pass this time unless I could get a painted one. The tape pinstripe tended to collect wax around it.....which IMO looks tacky. Plus, with time, the tape collected little nicks and a wrinkle here and there. Of course, paint would also acquire a nick or two over time, but I'd rather take my chances with paint.:29:

·
Registered
518 Posts
That has not been our experience. My one son is an Army officer who shipped a 1991 Accord with 175,000 miles to Germany last summer. Original pinstriping looked fine. Recently sold a 1997 CRV with original pinstriping tha looked fine. My other son has a 1999 CRV with a painted pinstripe which also looks fine. My experience has been positive, but we do take good care of our vehicles. It does make a big difference in the appearance of the Pilot.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
What did Hendrick Honda charge you for the pinstriping? Was it done at the time you took delivery of the vehicle? I assume the gold pinstripe is a different shade so that it stands out on the Sandstone?

·
Registered
138 Posts
My Sage Brush has a light grey stripe, same color as the interior. It was put on at delivery by the Sales Mgr. at Pohanka Honda. It took him every bit of about 10 minutes, but he did an excellent job. I was very impressed.

IMO, a stripe adds some sophistication to the Pilot.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Mine has a double stripe of light gray/silver and dark gray. Both kinda metallic (?) looking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts