1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
173 Posts
This sounds like the Pilot water pump recall to me. (see earlier threads on that subject)

·
Registered
919 Posts
Here is a thread over on the MDX site that covers a recall that is exactly what the article describes, however the recall is only for the MDX and the TL/CL. I'm wondering if the LA Time is a bit confused and simply lumped the Pilot water pump recall in with the MDX, TL/CL recall. Not sure. This still doesn't explain the inclusion of the other vehicles.

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7083

Chris

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Pilot Recalled

Yes the Pilot is included.
Just the Acura reacall covers the Acura vehicals affected, and the Honda recall covers the Hondas.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
It looks the same to me (as the water pump recall in the links you've posted). Acura and Honda recalls are seperately sent to dealers. So, the Honda one has Honda vehicles (Pilot/Oddy/Accord) and the Acura one has Acuras (MDX/CL/TL); they're not commingled in one recall document or TSB. If you check the Pilot recall doc you'll see under "vehicles affected" the Oddy and Accord are listed with their VINs.

Of course, it's early here and I haven't yet had my first cup of coffee, so...

·
Registered
919 Posts
re: different recall notices for Acura vs Honda

Duh! I should have picked up on that. It's three hours later here and I've had my large coffee, so I don't have any excuse! :1pat:

Chris

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doh!! It Was A Water Pump Recall Afterall

The article didn't mention anything about a water pump and since I'm the first to admit that I know jack squat about cars, I didn't make the connection. Sorry for the commotion!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts