Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see many of you are from the Milwaukee area. Seen many Pilots on the road there?

Anyone from anywhere else other than Milwaukee out there?

:2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Seen three in Milwaukee

I have seen three. Two in Wauwatosa, one in West Allis. All three were Black Ex's. I suppose they could all be the same person:confused: :8:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Almost Milwaukee

I'm actually in Brookfield, but I've seen Black, Havasu Blue, two SS's and one white.

I'm the Redrock with Badger plates!!!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mugen660,

Is that your Pilot in your avatar (think that's the name of your personalized pic)?

What size wheels are those? Do you have any full size pics?

Looks GOOD :31:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Actually one night my friend and I were messing around on his Mac and decided that it would be fun to see what the Pilot looks like dropped with like 22'' wheels on it. So he worked his magic and I liked the way the picture turned out so much, that I now have it as my wallpaper on my computer and I thought it woud be funny To put it in that the little window(whatever it's called) to get a rise out of some people. I don't think a lot of people like it.:14: . Never the less, It was just a little joke. We also did it to a Aztec. They are still ugly!
I attached the biggest picture I have of it. Glad someone enjoyed it.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
I can't say that I like the Pilot chopped down with bigger wheels.

Although I have to agree that the only thing you can do to an Aztec is to sell it for scrap. Those things really were beaten by the ugly stick when they were born!

Didn't GM have focus groups?????

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Saw our first Pilot this weekend at the grocery store. My wife was liking the short lived exclusivity of having the only Pilot in the area.

The worst thing is that the one that we saw was exactly the same color as ours.

Guess we'll have to get that Ferrari to regain the exclusivity ;)

It seems to me that people around here don't really have a clue about the Pilot. We've had no lookers, thumbs-up, questions, anything. As far as the rest of the world is concerned it's just another car on the road. Not that we're looking for fame and admiration, but I thought it would generate more interest than it has......around here anyway. :confused:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Another Wisconinite

Hey Cheesehead - We're in Columbus, Wisconsin - ordered the Pilot from Zimbrick in Madison - had bad experience with Darrow.

Bake

·
Registered
236 Posts
Darrow

Funny how that works. Darrow here in Milwaukee was tacking on a "premium" package of $3,000 over MSRP. You got a few protection items (clear coat, sound proofing, etc.) but they would not sell strictly at MSRP.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My Darrow Experience

What happened with Darrow Milwaukee - I put a deposit down - $200 - assured that if I changed my mind and cancelled, they would gladly refund the $$ - Well, didn't like the fact when the deal was finalized they failed to advise payment didn't include tax - I cancelled 2 days later - suddenly the salesman who was so accessible via phone and email became hard to contact - took a few days and then he responded - Will turn your request over to Accounts Payable and they will review per Wisconsin Statute - blah, blah, blah.
I wrote to corporate office and got the usual - "don't know the details, talk to the GM at the Honda store - Asked head of sales and my salesman - "why would you screw-up a relationship and potential purchaser for $200? Took a few days, but got a check for the $$. Never again with Darrow for me.

Bake

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have seen no Pilots on the road north of Green Bay or Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Probably due to small number of dealers and/or limited availability of the model. Dealers have limited availability due in part to the size of their sales activity. Virtually no Pilots available on dealer's lots...unfortunately.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You are right - I have only seen one Pilot in the Columbus/Madison area. I am fortunate - advised dealer I had to have it within a month - He had a black one coming in - given that I wanted the Havasu Blue, he was somehow able to trade the black one for Havasu order - scheduled build was 8/7-8/11, and expected delivery before end of August.
What peaked my interest in Honda is I purchased a used 1991 for my work car - consulting racks up a lot of miles - the car now has 235,000 on it and is running strong.

Bake in Wisconsin

·
Registered
236 Posts
Central, WI

I was up in your neck of the woods this weekend (near Cheesehead, too!).

Was vacationing in a cabin near Wautoma. Went through Columbus, Fond Du Lac, Marquette, Princeton, Ripon and Berlin to name a few.

Not one Pilot. Anywhere! Not even a Highlander!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Bengelking - Next time you're in this neck of the woods, let me know - by that time there will be a Havasu Blue Pilot right here in Columbus - received the VIN today - it's built and dealer says will be in by 8/26.

Bake

·
Registered
236 Posts
Columbus

Based on what I saw over the weekend, you should be pretty exclusive for a while!

I make it up that way a few times chasing Canadian honkers near Montello. I'll keep my eyes open for ya'!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've seen a few in the Appleton area recently. Parked right next to a Starlight Silver at the grocery store with our Starlight Silver. I wish I could've seen the expression on the other owners face when they came out. Also saw a Havasu Blue on 41 near Fond Du Lac on our way to Chicago.

We've got almost 1,200 miles now and loving it. We've taken it to Door County and to Chicago and have yet to have any of the problems mentioned in the threads. The only issue was the windshield washer nozzle leak which seems to be better after monkeying with the hoses.

I guessing the Appleton dealer has gotten in around 10 Pilots thus far and I don't know where they're going.........must be up on blocks in someones garage :8: :4:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've seen a few in the Milwaukee area. A few add'l SS ones, a Havasu and a Black. I've also noticed that not many people will stop to ask questions, etc. regarding the Pilot within the Milwaukee area. Out in the SW suburbs (Mukwonago), I've had a few people come up and ask about it, though. Of course, I have nothing but good things to say about it!!! :D :D

BTW...GO PACK!! :2:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts