Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Pilots in Europe?

17487 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Argent
Hi all!
Anyone imported teh Pilot in Europe. I just did and I am having problems meeting the TUV standats. Will appreciate if anyone can help! Specifically changing the back turn lights to yellow. Mine is 2004 imported from USA.
Thank you!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
gala said:
Hi all!
Anyone imported teh Pilot in Europe. I just did and I am having problems meeting the TUV standats. Will appreciate if anyone can help! Specifically changing the back turn lights to yellow. Mine is 2004 imported from USA.
Thank you!
Now that a tuffy, the TUV standards in Belgium were just a little different than Germany. But I had to take our Ody to Germany cuz the Belgium dealers would freak when I drove up for just an oil change. There is a dealer near Ramstin that does work on imported Honda's. I had the address up untill a few weeks ago now I can't find it. Something like "Ekchart" something like that, someone on base might know.

Good luck, and thanks for serving.

· Premium Member
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,501 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Rocky,

I found the address in Germany of the Honda dealer that worked on my Ody. ECKER, Kaiserstrabe 79, 66851 Hauptstuhl, Phone (0 63 72)46 07.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
17 Posts
Hi all!
Thank you!
Hey man, I know it's an old post but I'm thinking of shipping my 226k miles 2008 Pilot to Kosovo. I'm concerned if the engine and transmission will last long enough and what would I do if I need parts ? I would really like to know how do you do it to keep it running? And also how much you're spending on gas, I'm thinking of converting it to LPG once I get it there.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
13,314 Posts
Tip one: Drain & fill transmission with full synthetic Valvoline Maxlife ATF every second oil change.

Tip two: Rockauto.com ships internationally.

Tip three: For those must have OEM parts...
Tip four: if you're required to change the rear turn signals to amber, start baking.

· Registered
17 Posts
Tip one: Drain & fill transmission with full synthetic Valvoline Maxlife ATF every second oil change.

Tip two: Rockauto.com ships internationally.

Tip three: For those must have OEM parts...
Tip four: if you're required to change the rear turn signals to amber, start baking. View attachment 142459
Thanks for the reply. I usually change the transmission fluid every 50k miles, the shop that does it uses Honda VTM fluid. So you're saying that Valvoline Maxlife ATF is better than the OEM fluid for this transmission?

Thanks again.

· Registered
13,314 Posts

· Registered
2014 Pilot EX-L
2 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I usually change the transmission fluid every 50k miles, the shop that does it uses Honda VTM fluid. So you're saying that Valvoline Maxlife ATF is better than the OEM fluid for this transmission?

Thanks again.
Good evening from Canada!

I was curious if you did end up shipping your Pilot to Kosovo, and what issues you may have had certifying it in Europe. My wife and I are doing a sabatical travel year in 2024 and we are debating shipping or buying something there.

Thanks!

· Registered
17 Posts
Good evening from Canada!

I was curious if you did end up shipping your Pilot to Kosovo, and what issues you may have had certifying it in Europe. My wife and I are doing a sabatical travel year in 2024 and we are debating shipping or buying something there.

Thanks!
Hi there,

Actually no I did not. The car started having some issues. Oil leaks, rack and pinion, alternator, AC went. It is costing a lot to fix plus to ship it there. But if I find a good deal on a low mileage one I would definitely still consider shipping it there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts