Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a pilot in a garage with a full size truck. Right now I have a Toyota Tundra and a Honda Accord in my garage. We are going to sell the accord and get a pilot. I was just wondering how they will fit together. I have a pretty standard size garage.

Just Curious

·
Registered
263 Posts
I can hear them coming: "How many Toyota owners does it take to park a Honda?", etc.

Seriously, it depends on the particulars of your garage, and what else you stuff in it. There is some other discussion here on this forum.

The vehicles below fit fine in my garage. We back in one vehicle so that the passenger sides are together, to avoid driver door conflicts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Similar Situation

We also have an Accord ('94 LX) and a Toyota Tundra. We figured out that between the Toyota and Honda Pilot there would be about 8". That's not a lot of room but we will find a way. We want to park both in the garage and, as someone once said... "Where there is a will, there's a way!":6:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
We have a '96 Grand Caravan and the Pilot in our garage. There is loads of room between them to open the doors of either, though not at the same time. I think the garage is 20' by 20'.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I haven't found the Pilot to be any problem in the garage. I don't have another truck in there, but the Pilot is easier to park in the garage than our old Volvo. It seems to have narrower doors that are also higher up. The Volvo had very heavy doors with a tendency to swing way out and ding my Audi :3: (yet another reason to hate the Volvo!).

·
Registered
95 Posts
No kidding. I also have a Tundra and we're replacing my wife's Accord with a Pilot. Should be here any day now. My garage is plenty wide for both and deep enouph for the length of the Tundra. I'm curious to see if we'll be able to open the rear gate with the garage door down. The garage is 24' deep. I may need to remove some stuff from the front of the Accord bay.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had a bigger problem with height. The Pilot clears the door by about 1" without adjusting the door and with no crossbars. I had thought about the crossbars so I could put a canoe on the roof however it is so high that my wife (5'3" on her tip toes) would be useless in helping me get the canoe off in the wind. I'll use my Subaru Forester for that. Needless to say I did not purchase crossbars. Widthwise I am okay.

#09131 SS EX

·
Registered
52 Posts
We live in a patio home and our garage is a tad smaller than the ones I have seen in regular homes. My other half has a 2002 Ford Lightning and with my Pilot in the garage there is plenty of room.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tundra and PILOT

After my clutch went out on our Accord today we anted up and purchased a PILOT EX. We were waiting on an LX that had a ship date of October 15.

I drove home very apprehensively because I wasn't sure both vehicles would fit. Well, to answer your question, the Honda Pilot and Toyota Tundra fit with enough room to open both driver side doors (very carefully). We have a two-car garage. I'll post a picture as soon as I can. :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
cscharlin, congratulations! You'll be happy with the EX. I'm glad it fits in the garage with the Tundra.

#09131 SS EX

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also have a Tundra, and a Grand Caravan with the Pilot due any day. My trouble is I also have a Honda ST1100 motorcycle to fit beside them in a two car garage. It has been a tight squeeze up until now, with me shoehorning the Tundra and the bike in so my wife and learner's-permit-having son don't have to be too fine with the Dodge. We do, however, load and unload the Tundra's passengers in the driveway whenever possible, because the doors don't slide like the Caravan. I anticipate things getting tighter with the Pilot, but life goes on. Small sacrifices must be made for the greater good. My family will just have to endure a few raindrops on their heads when I park the truck or the Pilot, so they can ride in style.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts