Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Pilot's below MSRP!

11K views 63 replies 28 participants last post by  davejulien 
#1 ·
I am not advertising by any means. If this comes off as that, please hang me by my toe nails and beat me with a wet laughing elmo doll.

I have read many different threads relating to deals and satisfaction with the Dealers and Pilots. People have left names and numbers to their saleperson they liked. Being a sales person myself and most importantly a Pilot owner, it would be a conflict of interest to promote myself. (although, I was a great salesperson to myself and gave me all fives!!!!! ;) )

That being said, currently I can offer some pretty good deals on a Pilot in stock. Please email, pm, or call me if your would like further information.

If this comes off as non-specific, great! I don't want to cross any lines.

#4 ·
I think I could buy a plane ticket and drive it back from Michigan for 2 g's, pilothead :), and still have room for a commission for you :). It is interesting to watch the market reach an equilibrium. Here I'm seeing $500 back for cars in stock, waiting for more...

#5 ·
I Found the one I wanted in Tennesse and told him I would drive for the same price but he wouldnt budge off MSRP then this one just popped up the exact one i was looking for! :2: it was a 3 hour drive from the house - not complaining plus improved delviery by 45 days! ok enough bosting now good luck in obtaining your pilot!

#8 ·
Below MSRP

Any Pilot bought below MSRP is a great event. Of course you have to be lucky enough to catch one on a lot for 1 - 1 1/2 weeks. Dealers will let them go for $500-$1000 below invoice to keep their allocation for the month intact. Allocation is important, but gross on a hot product is big also.

BTW, after the CR rating & crash rating, the market on available "On Lot" Pilots is going south.

Dave

#9 ·
Correction

Dealers will let them go for $500-$1000 below invoice to keep

I meant $500-$1000 below MSRP. I would stand a better chance to win the lottery than get a Pilot close to invoice, let alone below.

Odysseys are still at MSRP for incoming models with deposits, and $300 off models sitting for a week or so.

Dave

#11 ·
Re: Re: Pilot's below MSRP! C'mon baby finish what you started

PILOTHEAD said:

I got $1000 over Dealer invoice, would you do that for my fellow piloteers? holdback is 3% right?

:p
I guess its no suprise that no repsonse was given by the salesman originator of this thread to my question about price, as typical with most when the question is too hard or just not one they want to hear you dont get a response! obviuosly this means no and isnt it sad that this has become accepted as a response on the part of these car salesmen types. Its when you find one that acutally answers you straight that you know you have a good one, the thing is here is that he stuck it out first! and then didnt follow up! ....zero back bone...and the killer is that he is probably gaining sales from this! uggh i gueess i am done, c'mon Elmo we gotta plane to catch to Cinci and dont forget that bucket of water and dont ask me what its for!:2: Just say no.... you can do it! you will get more respect this way!

#12 ·
saw the color we want today

Pilothead, I think you have good taste...we've decided we want a sagebrush EX cloth :). Just saw one today in this color with cloth for the first time at one of the local dealers...has had it and two SS EX cloth Pilots on the lot since late last week; we're curious how long they'll last.

To give the dealer credit, there was none of the time-wasting back and forth haggling that can happen sometimes even when both parties know there's no deal...they're sticking to list, and I'm planning to hang out until February or so looking for $1000 back. Immovable object encounters irresistible force :). But it's nice to work with a straight-up salesperson like that.

Nice car though.

#13 ·
Re: saw the color we want today

stany said:
Pilothead, I think you have good taste...we've decided we want a sagebrush EX cloth :). Just saw one today in this color with cloth for the first time at one of the local dealers...has had it and two SS EX cloth Pilots on the lot since late last week; we're curious how long they'll last.

To give the dealer credit, there was none of the time-wasting back and forth haggling that can happen sometimes even when both parties know there's no deal...they're sticking to list, and I'm planning to hang out until February or so looking for $1000 back. Immovable object encounters irresistible force :). But it's nice to work with a straight-up salesperson like that.

Nice car though.
Good luck w/ the grand off thing...

#14 ·
"That being said, currently I can offer some pretty good deals on a Pilot in stock. Please email, pm, or call me if your would like further information. "

Pilothead, no disrespect to you or any other Pilot.org members, but please do not classify me because I did not reply to your post. As I specifically wrote in the originating post, all interested parties can email, pm, or call me. YOU did none.

For anyone interested, I recieved a few inquiries who I emailed back within a day.

#15 ·
OK point taken

Thanks for being so courteous about it! sometimes i think i take out a life time of screwings from salesmen on the first one i see!:eek: sorry and if you are giving people what they want then i guess its a good thing no hard feelings

#17 ·
Re: Re: saw the color we want today

MG Pilot said:
Good luck w/ the grand off thing...
I hear ya, MG. Original plan was to replace the 1990 Accord when it got to 200k sometime next year, so worst case I'm back to plan A and pay $500 back like a number of folks are offering now :).

#18 ·
Posting

Pilothead, are you referring to ME not answering your e-mail? I just posted the other day and apologize. The answer is $1000 over invoice is great. If you go under MSRP on a Pilot, you are doing great. We move what we have, and mostly pre-sell every Pilot we get. We serve about 2 million in a 100 mile radius, not a huge dealership, but big. We can't keep a Pilot on the lot, and even have to keep a Demo Pilot for 6 months for test drives only. If you got $1000 over invoice, there must have been Pilots sitting on that lot for almost a month and that dealer loses allocation for what is sitting and not sold come next order period.

Any further questions?

Dave

#19 ·
Price

The best I could do is $500 off MSRP if it has been sitting on the lot for 3-4 weeks, and beg my sales manager, and say you are my uncle. Sorry, we have no inventory. $1000 above invoice, not unless they make more, so no is the answer piloteers!!!!!

Dave

#21 ·
Re: Price

ex0904 said:
The price depends on demand v/s supply in your area. In Houston, almost all dealers quote 300 to 500 off MSRP with a deposit. If it is sitting on the lot, they may be willing to deal lower.
If you're selling from a sheet of build dates, I see no incentive to reduce price :). I'm watching availability improve, though...three months ago (before I was shopping) it sounds like the situation in most places was wait 2-3 months for your car. Now I get a call or two a week where the exact car we want has arrived on the lot. At some places it sells same day; at the place yesterday though they've had these a week. Either at some point some modest discounting occurs (remember, at $1000 back the dealer makes $2000 plus holdback), or this becomes the same situation as with Odysseys where for 3-4 years the best you can do is $300-500.

I've only been shopping 2-3 weeks so I can watch a little while longer :)...for us this is a cash purchase, so $500 isn't a few bucks more a month, it's that much money out of my pocket I could be saving or spending on something else (accessories? :)).

#22 ·
Prices

Pilothead, where are ya, you call me out, I post you disappear. I really don't care what price you pay, I am a commission salesman, I give you a Pilot for $100 I still get my unit commission. Stany you are correct, I am basically giving demos in a Demo Pilot and taking orders with $500 deposits on an allocation/incoming vehicle sheet. Out of 16 coming in over the next 3 months, 7 are taken already. No lot Pilots for the next 3 weeks. Our Odyssey list is far worse off. Those have been sticker for 3 1/2 years now. 21 coming in over the next 2 months, and 14 presold w/deposits. If you can wait and see your color on the lot sitting for about a month, then you will get a deal. Find a dealer with 10 sitting on the lot, you get a better deal, see where this is going. I sell straight off the delivery truck, and it's sticker all the way. I lose lots of sales that way, and to others that have a Pilot in stock. But I better get used to it, Hondas are the best products out there.

Dave

#23 ·
got $1000 off list yesterday

Actually it was $1300 off list with a $299 doc fee :), no accessories or other add-ons, a straight deal. Salesperson was fantastic to work with, very laid back...called me when the sales manager said to make the three Pilots on the lot move, I'm guessing to retain their allocation numbers as other folks here have mentioned.

So a little patience and luck (getting 1st color choice) pays off. This was at one of the local dealers even, so I get local service and the shuttle to work :).

Am one happy camper right now...

#24 ·
Doc Fee

Stany, our doc fee is $99 at our dealership, so $299 seems high to me. Also congrats on your deal, Honda orders on incoming vehicles goes in today, last chance to change vehicle model and color is tuesday for december allocation. I think you were a victim of not moving the Pilots is stock, and hurting upcoming allocation. Imagine 3 custom orders on new allocation and only getting 1 for a customer with a $500 deposit. That's how you work the system to get a deal.

#25 ·
Re: Prices

dmack24 said:
Pilothead, where are ya, you call me out, I post you disappear. I really don't care what price you pay, I am a commission salesman, I give you a Pilot for $100 I still get my unit commission. Stany you are correct, I am basically giving demos in a Demo Pilot and taking orders with $500 deposits on an allocation/incoming vehicle sheet. Out of 16 coming in over the next 3 months, 7 are taken already. No lot Pilots for the next 3 weeks. Our Odyssey list is far worse off. Those have been sticker for 3 1/2 years now. 21 coming in over the next 2 months, and 14 presold w/deposits. If you can wait and see your color on the lot sitting for about a month, then you will get a deal. Find a dealer with 10 sitting on the lot, you get a better deal, see where this is going. I sell straight off the delivery truck, and it's sticker all the way. I lose lots of sales that way, and to others that have a Pilot in stock. But I better get used to it, Hondas are the best products out there.

Dave
was not calling you out.. was calling hubby, anyway it is greeat to see a dealer person so involved and seemingly;) honest on this group! if i were closer to you i would definatly buy from someone like you even if it was a little(but not much:D ) MORE

DO YOU KNOWWHEN THE NEW PLANT IS SLATEDFOR COMPLETION That should certainly increase supply levels dont you think?

#26 ·
Re: got $1000 off list yesterday

stany said:
Actually it was $1300 off list with a $299 doc fee :), no accessories or other add-ons, a straight deal. Salesperson was fantastic to work with, very laid back...called me when the sales manager said to make the three Pilots on the lot move, I'm guessing to retain their allocation numbers as other folks here have mentioned.

So a little patience and luck (getting 1st color choice) pays off. This was at one of the local dealers even, so I get local service and the shuttle to work :).

Am one happy camper right now...
Best Deal I have seen(next to mine of course!!!!:D ) try looking at that color at all times of day and night and in various sun conditions it is such a cool color it goes from dark blue to green to charcoal its like a MOOD PILOT anyway CONGRATS! also glad to see you are prompting salepeoples responses as usuall it appears that HONDA-PILOT.ORG truly comes close to creating win-win situations for all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.