Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the DVD Unit. I think its a real close match to the coloring of the dash, including the metallic plastic

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a pic of the whole dash including the DVD player

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the drop down LCD screen closed

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LCD Open. Can anybody guess the movie?

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One more with the LCD closed. I don't think these pics do the system justice. In reality the color of the LCD casing is remarkably close to the Fern interior. It blends in really well.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The system consists of the Pioneer SDV-P7 in dash DVD player, Pioneer AVR-6100 LCD display, an RF modulator, and 4 wireless headphones. The installation was beautifully done by Auto Image in East Brunswick NJ. (ask for Gary). His work is top-notch and the customer service was great! :2:

By the way the picture quality is outstanding as is the sound. Even the RF modulator sounds good!

Here is a better pic of the LCD unit closed.

Attachments

·
Registered
920 Posts
This rocks!!! And I bet it's heads and tails quality/specs wise above the factory system...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure what the factory specs are.
This pic probably shows the close color match to fern interior then the others

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yeah, almost forgot, Gary also installed ports to plug in a video game system.

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Pilotless said:
Can anybody guess the movie?
The Matrix. It's in my Pilot DVD player right now too. :)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
This is sweet ... Finally, people are realizing the excellence of aftermarket products ... Great install ... I hope to be following in suit soon.

:29:

PrG

·
Registered
919 Posts
Nice pics. Looks like a good, clean install. Quality installers can be hard to find. Nice to see you found one of the good ones. Looks great!

Chris

·
Registered
59 Posts
This looks great!!!

Do they have a DVD/TV unit? This way, i dont have to rush home for Sunday football.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Nice.

Would it be rude to ask how much it cost with installation? It might be an option when the kid is old enough appreciate Dolby Digital with VTM and 240HP.

"It seems that you've been living TWO lives..."

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all of the kind words fellow Piloteers. We are very happy with the RES and the install.

Here are the links to the equipment on the Pioneer site:

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/CDA/CarProducts/CarProductDetails/0,1429,36001,00.html

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/CDA/CarProducts/CarProductDetails/0,1429,2236,00.html

EMC02, A tv unit can be purchased and installed separetly. As a matter of fact, I believe the Overhead LCD screen has a built in capability to control a TV tuner, I was going to have them install it, but Gary said that reception is really lousy around here, and I won't be happy with it.

I also spoke to him about upgrading the speakers. He said that it wouldn't pay unless I went with an additional amp along with new speakers. He suggested I just enjoy the car as is for now. I think thats called honesty. Very refreshing. Too bad its a rarity these days.

Ferdball, this is not Dolby Digital, more like prologic. The dvd unit is capable of sending a DD or DTS signal to a dd receiver but the receiver is not cheap. It does sound really good via the RF modulator and awesome via the wireless headphones.

As far as cost, Gary took really good care of me. For the Pioneer 6.5" Overhead LCD Model 6100, Pioneer In dash sdvP7, RF Modulator and four wireless headphones, with installation, the cost was $1350 + tax. Remember though, I was a repeat customer.

Also he threw in the 2 extra headphones because there was a small foul-up which he fixed immediatley. They just started installing Pioneer equipment and didn't realize that the LCD unit had a built-in IR transmitter. They installed the one that came with the headphones. So I had a weird red blob like transmitter right by the sunglass holder. Also because of the duel transmitters, the headphones were getting a feedback loop that caused static. Gary tested the headphone from the front seat which were out of range of the Overhead LCD transmitters and didn't notice the problem. I noticed it when I was testing the system in the center row. So he threw in a second set of headphones for the delay and because I have 2 two tiny tiny holes by the sunglass holder caused by the removal of the unneeded transmitter. By the way, he is fixing the 2 holes and even tho its really isn't noticable now, they should become invisible by the time he is done.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Very Sweet!

Quick? what are the 3 little nubs that stick out of the overhead unit facing the front of the vehicle? Are those cable connectors? If so, that seems kind of weird. Can you take a picture of the overhead console looking from the front seat towards the back?

I love the connectors in the center console, they look factory.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those are for additional wired headphone jacks and the third video input. Not a great place to put them tho.

Here is the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hmmmm....

I love everything about it...except that. It doesn't have that finished look you would expect, nor does it seem very practical. I could live with it, but I doubt that I would ever use those connectors. Do you know if they had any other drop down screens without those connectors?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There are dozens of dropdowns to choose from. Circuit City, best buy and many others carry all sorts of brands,styles and sizes. Most tho are not brands that I recognized and the ones that were recognizable, ie Pioneer, Sony, Alpine, were typically much more expensive. I happened to have gotten a good deal on this Pioneer and it met my requirements of a small footprint and widescreen display. For the most part I like the look and performance of the product and like I said its a name brand.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts