Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen a thread just for the Game Consoles, so I am starting one.

My Game Console on my Pilot is an XBOX. It sounds awesome but the screen could be a little bigger. It gets a little difficult once you start playing four players with split screen.

For the True-Die-Hard online/network gamers, I think network wireless play is actually possible. Two wireless cards on each XBOX on separate Pilots traveling within 300 feet can be networked. The possibility of playing games with other Piloteers on the road zooming through the superhighway could be a reality. Sorry got carried away.........:27:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
PS2 here !

PrG

·
Registered
919 Posts
PS2 all the way! I haven't hooked it up in the Pilot yet, but I'm sure it will happen at some point during a road trip. I might even just chuck the old original Playstation in there. It's not as loud (I hate that fan on the PS2) and we have enough regular Playstation games to keep them occupied. Between that, movies, and their GBA's, we should be able to go pretty far without much whining.

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am just wondering what voltage converter used to supply power to your game console?
----------------------------------
2003 SS EX-L RES (no built data, no VIN)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Game cube with built-in video screen....at least that was the plan. Set the cube in the second row food tray for the two kids.

However, no. one son (10 yo) prefers gameboy or gameboy advance. No. one daughter (5yo) prefers whatever no. 1 son has at the time!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
http://www.mobilevideo4less.com/index.html

This is a great site ... and they are super friendly and are willing to answer any questions you might have ... they're open 24 hrs to. They have custom AC outlets that you can install into you vehicle that are really neat; they're integrated with AV plugs as well. Definitely worth checking out...

110V Game Plate!
Features:
Built in 125W Power Inverter to Convert 12V to 110V to power up any Game Console!
This is a must have for PS2, XBox or N65 Game consoles.
Easily plug in your Game like you do at home, Quick in & Quick Out.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Ms. Pacman on a Compaq iPaq.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Castle said:
I am just wondering what voltage converter used to supply power to your game console?
----------------------------------
2003 SS EX-L RES (no built data, no VIN)
350 WATT POWER INVERTER
- Got it at Target for $24 a few years back.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
vegasdude,

Curious to know where you hid the Xbox console.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did not really hide it anywhere. I will probably put it under the 2nd row seats on our drive to Socal over the weekend.
The game cube might be the best fit for the Pilot due to its size. I am also a little bit worried about the hard drive in the XBOX, so, I only let the kids play on highway driving.

·
Registered
919 Posts
autobahn said:
Pacman is the reason that I got the iPaq in the first place! :D

Chris

·
Registered
31 Posts
2 IBM Thinkpads with headphones... one on each kid's lap. .they do it all..DVDs, MP3, games, even play games head on against each other with a peer to peer wireless hookup...alas no wireless connection to the internet yet.

BK

·
Registered
46 Posts
Too bad laptop PC's don't come with video in so we can use the LCD to play XBOX. I am debating the purchase of a 17" lcd monitor with speakers to shove in the pilot for dvd/gaming purposes. Anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
797 Posts
autobahn said:
Actually, my latest vice in Battleship on my Color Ericsson T68i Phone. Smaller with a better battery and I can still carry around pictures of my Pilot on it!

·
Registered
49 Posts
PC Games the only way to fly!

I prefer the PC games myself. Never got into console games. I like simulator style games too much to switch to a console game.

Some of my recent favorites.
-Operation Flashpoint - One of the best combat games on the market hands down. Pretty much everything is drivable, flyable or shootable in the game. Good AI/Graphics.
-Grand Prix 4 - Driving Formula 1 cars Williams BMW. High configurable/lots of custom patches avaliable. English game. Amazing graphics.
-Nascar 4 - Fender rubbing at it's best.
-Sports Car GT - Love the 98 M3 GT drives almost like the real thing :)
-Le Mans 24 Hours - Driving the 24 hours of Le Mans. Yes you can play the entire 24 hour race from Day to Night and back to Day. I haven't tried it myself because I have a life. Have driven a compressed 1 hour race. Very realistic. BMW LMP9000 Yeah!!!
-MS Combat Flight Simulator 2 - WWII Pacific Campaign air warfare.
-Falcon 4.0 - F-16 Jet Sim.
-MS Flight Simulator - As real as you can get to flying a jetliner.

Wish there was a newer version of the Red Baron series of games. I miss WWI Flight simulators. Come one Microsoft you can do it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lonestar,
Not much of a strategy gamer. I like the straight shoot 'em up game!

I like Halo a lot, it was the console game of the year! The game of the year still was a PC game though........can not remember the title.

·
Registered
919 Posts
My son would go nuts if he had a laptop and could play Warcraft III on the road. He and I play head to head over the network at home and we have a blast!

Chris

·
Registered
31 Posts
you can buy a laptop today (or maybe even 2 laptops) cheaper than the cost of the DVD-RES..

BK

1 - 20 of 36 Posts