1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a group buy for PILOTs ... for all those that are PILOTless ... :(

PrG

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Sort of did that

Not a group buy, but discussed buying 2 cars back in November when I got my CR-V.
The dealer is a friend so I asked what he could do if I wanted to buy both a CR-V and an Odyssey at the same time. He said that on the cars with limited availability (CR-V, Odyssey, and a few other select models/trim levels) he had one price for return customers, multi-car customers, and friends. Everyone else gets MSRP he said.
He looked at his pricing sheet and wrote numbers on the CR-V and Odyssey brochours and handed them to me.
Since I don't live there any more, I think that he thought I was just getting amunition to negotiate with a local dealer.
When we changed our mindes to the Pilot, we got the same percentage off, so I am guessing it is a flat calculation.
I would think most strait shooting dealers (There are a few) would do about the same.
Find a friend that wants a Pilot, Odyssey, CR-V, or (S-2000) and have them go in with you. Or just buy an extra car for your wife/kids/parents/(self).

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am planning to ask the same question on the Pilot in a couple weeks. I already bought a car last year at MSRP (Subaru WRX) from the same place. I will see what I can get out it. Since it happen last year I may be out of lack.

Cheers

Nick

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looking for a best(around $1000.00) deal on any honda pilot

I bought a pilot EX-L recently and I am Very Happy with it. I got a better deal (MSRP - $300) + discounted price on accessories like
overall $1050.00 less than the Sticker.

Black EX-L Pilot with DVD Entertainment System $32,020 + $460 =$32,480 - $300 Discount = $32,180.00

Added Accessories:
Side Steps, All-Season Floor Mats ,Auto Day/Night Mirror,
Rear Splash Guards,Wheel Locks,Gold Emblem Kit

For the above accessories, Salesman came up with a price of $1670.00 installed. but I paid him $920.00 only including Installation.

Actual total price is $32,480 + $1,670 = $34,150.00 + Tax
Price I Paid is $33,100.00 + Tax

Difference is $1050.00 less than the sticker price. Still 90% of dealers charging over the MSRP, I think, I got a best deal.

So if any one is interested in good deals for Honda pilot(any color, any trim) let me know by email [email protected], I can get you the same deal.

:29:

·
Registered
70 Posts
too bad you are in NY and I am in California. I am looking for a black EX-L with Res, tow package and auto day/night mirror. As far as I have seen is right at MSRP locally.

Cheers

Nick

·
Registered
389 Posts
Awesome deal!

I got mine at MSRP, cargo tray & 1% (4.9%) lower interest rate than my Credit Union. The dealer has a Sagegreen EX-L RES on the lot. Jim Maze Robertson Honda (SoCal) - 661-265-6000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts