Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 EX-L Navi seems to have difficulty with Apple Car Play. I listen to the radio (AM or FM), and take a call on my handsfree system. When hanging up, my audio has switched to CarPlay. No big deal, but it's annoying to have to switch back to where I was on the dial. I've been using the same phone for two years and from time to time, Pilot doesn't recognize my phone or doesn't automatically connect. Sometimes, Pilot won't let me adjust the volume after I hang up the phone. I've had to pull over and shut off Pilot and restart to get the volume control back.

Not sure what's wrong with Pilot's little brain, but I'm curious is this a something that you've noticed or if I need to have the dealer take a look at it.

Also upgraded the nav map as requested by Pilot on the ever-annoying notice upon startup. Thanks to whomever provides the maps, some roads that weren't on the map now show, and many that were previously there (and still exist) have vanished. Lovin' the technology!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't have any solid answers for you, but I have these same exact issues on my Elite. Intermittently, the headunit occasionally will not handle carplay being plugged in and out, hates phonecalls, won't let me adjust the volume, and all the other things you described.

I don't believe there's an update or anything available, but I'd like to be wrong about that.

One thing I've done in the past, but reverted since it was ultimately less convenient, is unpair the phone bluetooth connection. That seemed to prevent it from pairing via bluetooth before carplay started and reduced some of the bugginess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for commiserating! I thought about unpairing the phone as well, but since I spend most of the day in it, I'd rather have the phone at least work, if not through CarPlay. Perhaps a Honda employee of some importance reads through these threads and might suggest an update. You'd think that software updates would be pretty common given what we go through with phones and computers, so maybe.......?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts