Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when they give the width of a vehicle if it includes the mirrors? I am trying to get the metric measurements (which I found at the Honda Canadian site http://english.honda.ca/models/pilot_features.asp) so I can keep them handy in my Pilot. In Europe, it is very important with a larger vehicle to know your width and height (and sometimes length) for things such as car washes, parking garages, old narrow cobblestone streets, autotrains, etc... I am going to make up a label to put on the vanity mirror or in the glove box for the above situations. I am curious whether the width includes the mirrors?

Here are the numbers in millimeters:
Height 1793 (1.8 meters) - maybe taller with crossbars?
Length 4775 (4.8 meters)
Width 1963 (2.0 meters)

and a curb weight of 2012 kgs.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I'm under the impression that here in the US the width is measured tire to tire, not mirror to mirror. When I traded a RAV4 for a Highlander, I was able to test drive and test fit the vehicle in my garage. When I bought the Pilot, I just hoped it would fit without folding in the mirrors (it does).

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Pilot measures 86 inches between the outside edges of the side view mirrors. The Honda spec of 77.3 inches refers to the widest part of the body. Guess how I learned this!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Pilot Width and Mirrors

vcs said:
The Pilot measures 86 inches between the outside edges of the side view mirrors. The Honda spec of 77.3 inches refers to the widest part of the body. Guess how I learned this!
Hopefully not the hard way? How? Squeezing into a garage? That is about 2.2 meters with the mirrors then?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts