Votes: 0 0.0%
  • are armrests now add-ons?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has compared the pilot and the new lincoln aviator---I know the aviator is more expensive but after adding the accessories to the pilot there isn't much of a difference to me. Any info?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hi Lanae...

Can't make the comparison, not familiar with the Aviator.
Just wanted to welcome you to the group! :29:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I thought the Aviator was $40K+

Maybe I am wrong, but even if I am not, at the end of the day you still have a Ford.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
No way

Ford is learning from Honda how to make more than one vehicle aimed at different market segments from one platform.
Yes they are the same platform, and probably have more similarities than the MDX and Pilot, but are much different than any of the current GM (or '80s Chrysler) twins!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Be afraid, be very afraid of Ford products

I am trading in my 1996 Exploder for a new Pilot. After 5 years...the paint is started coming off (peeling, delaminating, cracking) the vehicle on all horizontal surfaces. Ford calls this "microchecking" and it is due to a latent factory defect.
I was going to sue them in small claims...but on Monday the Honda dealer gave me an offer I could not refuse. So I am cutting my losses and warning others. You can find all sorts of information
on Ford's paint problems on the Internet.

My life quest is now to warn others...to stay away from Ford.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Car and Driver really praised the Aviator. Saying it was the best Explorer spin-off. The interior looks beautiful. If it were the same price as a Pilot, I would have atleast considered it.

but it's much more expensive

It's competition will be stiff!
MDX
Toureg
Volvo's SUV
etc.

If the quality hold out, then I'm sure it'll do very well.

Dallas

·
Registered
148 Posts
$Aviator$

I did a little research. That thing can almost hit $48K. Heck it is up there where the Navigator used to be.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I am so afraid I tune the channel when I see Ford/GM commercials!:eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The aviator is a downsized Navigator---which I have and love, but the kids are older and driving themselves so I thought I would get something smaller but still have enough seats for 6-7. I like the pilot but all these problems worry me...and "my" pilot has been coming for over 3 months now...I ordered a sandstone w/ nav and hope to add the dvd, etc. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
No it is not

It is marketed as a down sized Navegator.
It is a Navigator styled Explorer.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Navigator downgrade

My Stinking rich neigbor downgraded uh...er upgraded to an MDX from a Navigator due to problems and less hulk. Not that money bothers him, but I think he also has an extra 10K in his pocket now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts