Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many prospective buyers will be torn between these two vehicles, so I thought I would do a little comparison to help those who might be on the fence.

The Story
My friend has a Dodge Viper that he doesn't drive much, mainly because he has some other toys (pair of Corvette Z06's, one for racing with roll bars, etc.) and doesn't drive the Viper much. He basically said, "Come get it and put some miles on it." So he charged up the battery so I could start it (I told you he doesn't drive it much) and off I went, a Viper of my own for a month or so. That brings us to my comparison:

HONDA PILOT vs DODGE VIPER

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Overall size

The roof of the Viper is below the door handle of the Pilot. While you can comfortably step into the Pilot, you basically have to crawl down into the Viper. While this may seem like a disadvantage for the Viper, it comes in handy on twisty roads. It's kinda like steering your own roller coaster (including the feel of every little pebble).

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paint surface

Those of you who know me, know that I really like a nice, shiny paint finish. The Pilot finish looks pretty good with it's metallic finish. It really has a great shine.

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...however, the bright reflective finish of the Viper is enough to make my mouth water. See for yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Family usability

As we all know, the Pilot is great in this regard. Seating for 8, fold flat rear seats, etc. A great vehicle for trips to Home Depot or getting half a soccer team to the field.

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's plenty of room in the Viper, too! So long as your home improvement project is on a doll house, or you don't mind strapping kids down in the hatch area.

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Headroom

The Viper has GOBS of headroom...so long as you are 7 and 5 years of age.

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Performance

Honda Pilot, 3.5 liter V6, 240HP, 0-60 in ? (I don't wanna know)

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dodge Viper, 8.3 liter V10, 475HP (this one is), 0-60 in 3.9 seconds. 'nuff said.

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Conclusion

The Viper is certainly a blast to drive. Flying around corners without a hint of roll or traction loss is incredible. The acceleration will literally plant you in your seat and give you an adrenaline rush. But alas, when I woke up this morning I still had a wife, two kids, a house that always has another project to be done. So the Viper will eventually go back to my buddy and I'll keep my Pilot. But if I had a 3rd garage slot and an extra $80k plus, I would certainly think about getting one of these things. Say what you want about it being a Dodge, but it is one incredible vehicle that very few other cars can match in terms of performance. I smile from ear to ear every time I get behind the wheel.

I hope this small comparison has been helpful to those trying to decide between these very similar vehicles. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
xyzzy, thanks for the pics! Cute kids you got there, along with a very nice looking house as well. And you're right about not caring whether it's a Dodge or not when it comes to a car like that. Once you get into a very fast and strong muscle car and give it some gas, you can't help it but end up with a grin on your face.

But man, 0-60 in under 4 secs. That must be awesome!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
No problem!

Your comparison certainly helped me make up my mind in a hurry!!! That, and one look at my bank account!!!

:eek: :bangh:

·
Registered
97 Posts
LOL! Yup, I looked the first picture and thought, they do both have wheels and internal combustion engines. Apart from that....

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Thanks; that certainly helped me make up my mind. Anyway, I'm such a dork that I'm lusting over your garage more than the Viper. Separate driveway-side door... built-in shelves... motorcycle (or in my case, kid stuff) area... sweet. :D

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
tracy said:
Thanks; that certainly helped me make up my mind. Anyway, I'm such a dork that I'm lusting over your garage more than the Viper. Separate driveway-side door... built-in shelves... motorcycle (or in my case, kid stuff) area... sweet. :D
Speaking of motorcycles - xyzzy, is that one I see in picture #2?

:8:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep, It's my Suzuki Intruder Volusia 800. Check out www.volusiaowners.com for more info. Great site. I admit that I haven't ridden much since I picked up the Viper. I like my toys! lol

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Cool Post!! :D

I love that Viper headroom shot... :p

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
xyzzy said:
Yep, It's my Suzuki Intruder Volusia 800. Check out www.volusiaowners.com for more info. Great site. I admit that I haven't ridden much since I picked up the Viper. I like my toys! lol
COOL!!!! :cool: :cool:

It's funny how motorcycle riders can spot motorcycles but for some reason the typical cager cannot see them at all!!!

Take care and ride safe!!

:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts