Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New to this forum. So this morning around 2am my 2017 pilots alarm kept going off. It is parked in the garage so I didn’t know what was going on. I went to turn it off and it just started clicking off and on as if it wanted to turn itself on. You can hear the fuel pump starting and everything. It clicks off and on by itself. I checked the key FOb battery and it’s not that. The only way to stop is removing the battery from the truck. Any idea what I should look into?
Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
If it still does it with no batteries in the both remotes i’d say it might be a bad mass somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
There could be a relay stuck somewhere. Is it a Touring model or an EXL?
The Touring models have an auto stop start feature or it could be something to do with the remote start. Did you try reconnecting the car battery again to see if it is still doing it? It may also be a software glitch which would require a visit to the dealer if it doesn't go away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just turned it in again and now it’s giving me the keyless start error message.

The Touring models have an auto stop start feature or it could be something to do with the remote start. Did you try reconnecting the car battery again to see if it is still doing it? It may also be a software glitch which would require a visit to the dealer if it doesn't go away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s an EXL btw. Dash says keyless start system problem. Battery is good according to my local auto parts store. Just checked

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it still does it with no batteries in the both remotes i’d say it might be a bad mass somewhere.

Could it be the switch module? Just got the keyless start system error message on the dash

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
Might be the start stop button that has issues. I just replaced mine due the Keyless Start System Problem. I was not having the same symptoms that you are having though. It's an easy DIY repair and an $80 part if you decide to go that way.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Could it be the switch module? Just got the keyless start system error message on the dash
With given description it might be anything- the module the button or even bad radio signal from nearby.

I’d suggest to check if the car checks security (key fob in the car or remote start command) prior engaging the fuel pump (you said you was able to hear it). This will help to narrow down search for the failure piece. Try to disconnect the start button to check it as well.

Also fo you have a code scanner that can read remote start code? It might be very helpful.

Btw yours should be still covered by the warranty why bother to diagnose yourself?

But with bunch of modules going on/off bad mass would be likely the issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts