Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be trying to convert the headlight swap soon I'm waiting on lights and custom harnesses as we speak

·
Registered
415 Posts
are you talking about the full LED array headlights? thats found on the 2019 honda pilot (touring/elite)? it should be a direct swap once you get that harness that someone sells on ebay

the 2019 honda pilot full led array headlights are still pretty expensive, im waiting to be able to buy the pair and harness for $1000 and im going to do the conversion myself.

please let us know how yours go

EDIT: i actually dont see that the ridgeline has those full array LED headlights. im talking about these LED headlights found on the 2019 pilot touring/elite

·
Registered
193 Posts
are you talking about the full LED array headlights? thats found on the 2019 honda pilot (touring/elite)? it should be a direct swap once you get that harness that someone sells on ebay

the 2019 honda pilot full led array headlights are still pretty expensive, im waiting to be able to buy the pair and harness for $1000 and im going to do the conversion myself.

EDIT: i actually dont see that the ridgeline has those full array LED headlights. im talking about these LED headlights found on the 2019 pilot touring/elite
Does the 2019 head lamp fit 2016 without any modifications?

Sent from Galaxy S10+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yes sir I actually talked to the guy I bought the harness last night it's a 4 pin to 8 pin harness that's repinned to work ... I ordered the headlights already.. check out my Instagram and look what I did to the ridgeline already. Now he's bored with his current setup @the_headlightguy_30

20181120_205634.jpg
20181120_191155.jpg

Your gonna need a harness bro I bought the last one the other night

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yes sir I actually talked to the guy I bought the harness last night it's a 4 pin to 8 pin harness that's repinned to work ... I ordered the headlights already.. check out my Instagram and look what I did to the ridgeline already. Now he's bored with his current setup @the_headlightguy_30
View attachment 132291 View attachment 132291 View attachment 132292

Your gonna need a harness bro I bought the last one the other night
I understand about the harness but I'm curious about the shape of the assembly without changing the whole front clip.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand about the harness but I'm curious about the shape of the assembly without changing the whole front clip.

It's all the same bro I'm positive. Cause the pilot headlights from 16-18 was the same as the ridgeline so... they're not gonna make no drastic changes just for a headlight.. think about the dodge charger same headlight for 5 years different models and variants

·
Registered
415 Posts

Yes. The lower trim 2019 pilots not elite or touring use the standard Projector assemblies found in the 2016-2018. Same shape etc. All you need to do full array led swap are touring or elite 2019 headlights, the harness adapter, remove bumper swap headlights and you are set.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes. The lower trim 2019 pilots not elite or touring use the standard Projector assemblies found in the 2016-2018. Same shape etc. All you need to do full array led swap are touring or elite 2019 headlights, the harness adapter, remove bumper swap headlights and you are set.
Bro I cant wait for my lights and harness to come in next week. I found the guy making the harnesses I needed

·
Registered
193 Posts
Head lamp assembly and harness is all need for conversion?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Head lamp assembly and harness is all need for conversion?

yes, once you get a set of the 2019 full array led headlights, you will need to get the right harness that guy on ebay is selling. dont worry about the other guy saying he bought hte last one. the ebay seller always list 1 making it seem like there is demand--popular sale tactic. anyways. if you have a touring or elite, you need to buy that harness. if you ahve an ex,ex-l, its a different harness he sells. it looks like he doesnt make one for the LX so LX owners are out of luck

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes, you need to have a pilot touring or elite to swap to the touring or elite 2019 led full array headlights. soeone on ebay sells the harness. the other guy here says he bought the last one but the seller always puts up 1 making it seem like its the last 1. .
Yea I seen that he put up 2 more after my purchase lol

·
Registered
415 Posts
man i looked at the seller who sold those headlights. $299 for 1 side full array LED headlights. he advertises it as NEW no packaging. For $299? That sounds way too good to be true dont you think. didnt you noticed they list it as 2016-2018. But the pic is obviously the 2019 light. if you look at the sellers other items, i was looking for the driverside. And here it is:

also $299 also listed 16-18 but the pic is the proper pic of the 16-18 headlight style.

If they send you what is actually pictured for the passenger side and its the 19 full array led headlight for $299 shipped, THAT IS A F-ING STEAL! but i wouldnt be surprised if they send you a 16-18 headlight because someone is losing a lot of money selling a new 19 full array headlight for $299.

im thinking of taking a chance myself and just buying the passenger side now too and wait for a deal on the driver side. If they send the 16-18, paypal ebay will easily side with you since the pic shows the 19 style.

all the 2019 headlights that have been posted on ebay are used damaged with cracks repaird and even then they sell for $400. Thats why I'm very skeptical they send a new 2019 full array led headlight at that price, but i guess you have nothing to lose but time to get your money back if its wrong.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
man i looked at the seller who sold those headlights. $299 for 1 side full array LED headlights. he advertises it as NEW no packaging. For $299? That sounds way too good to be true dont you think. didnt you noticed they list it as 2016-2018. But the pic is obviously the 2019 light. if you look at the sellers other items, i was looking for the driverside. And here it is:

also $299 also listed 16-18 but the pic is the proper pic of the 16-18 headlight style.

If they send you what is actually pictured for the passenger side and its the 19 full array led headlight for $299 shipped, THAT IS A F-ING STEAL! but i wouldnt be surprised if they send you a 16-18 headlight because someone is losing a lot of money selling a new 19 full array headlight for $299.

im thinking of taking a chance myself and just buying the passenger side now too and wait for a deal on the driver side. If they send the 16-18, paypal ebay will easily side with you since the pic shows the 19 style.

all the 2019 headlights that have been posted on ebay are used damaged with cracks repaird and even then they sell for $400. Thats why I'm very skeptical they send a new 2019 full array led headlight at that price, but i guess you have nothing to lose but time to get your money back if its wrong.
He called me this morning from Michigan they have some kinda parts business he said he have a hundred and 20 something lights I actually just ordered the other side not long ago he knows the ones i need he stated he didn't make the posting his wife did but he took the pictures.

·
Registered
415 Posts
He called me this morning from Michigan they have some kinda parts business he said he have a hundred and 20 something lights I actually just ordered the other side not long ago he knows the ones i need he stated he didn't make the posting his wife did but he took the pictures.
oh cool, so he confirmed he would send you the one in the picture full array leds? how did you order the other side? did you order it also on ebay or just over the phone

1 - 20 of 33 Posts