Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continental Recalls Half a Million Tires From Ford SUVs

Tuesday, August 20, 2002

WASHINGTON — Tread separations led to the recall of millions of Firestone tires in the past two years that were used primarily on the Ford Explorer. Ford officials say they discovered the Continental problem through a rigorous internal process put in place after the Firestone recall to quickly identify possible tire defects.

Keep those squeeks & rattles that some people are having in perspective!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
It just makes me glad I bought a Pilot and don't have to worry about no matter who is at fault. Looks like Michelins when these wear out!

·
Registered
113 Posts
banningjr:

You are right .

I couldn't convince my self to go with Michelins at this stage, I am also planning to wait till the OEM's wear-out ( what are they rated at 30,000 Miles ? ).

PS : Thanks on the info. on Air Deflector.

KE

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it interesting, how we moan and gripe about the tires on the Pilot. Some posts are like how could Honda have ever put these tires on the Pilot!! Well they WORK and they help Honda get the mileage/ride rating they were looking for!
I just merely point out things could be MUCH MUCH worse. If you CHOOSE for performance or other reasons to upgrade the Goodyears, its a luxury kinda of upgrade...NOT life or death!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts