Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hooowwwwddddyyyy,

Check this out: Read it and weep type thing. Makes me fume under me hat!

http://www.honda.ca/HondaEng/Models/Pilot/features.asp#bk08

Scroll down the safety features, interior features and exterior features. I wanna throw a temper tantrum or something.

Honda must think that the Canadian customer is more sophisticated that the US customer eh!

:eek:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Diesel-Lover said:
Hooowwwwddddyyyy,

Check this out: Read it and weep type thing. Makes me fume under me hat!

http://www.honda.ca/HondaEng/Models/Pilot/features.asp#bk08

Scroll down the safety features, interior features and exterior features. I wanna throw a temper tantrum or something.

Honda must think that the Canadian customer is more sophisticated that the US customer eh!

:eek:
I went to your link.. We new that the boys to the north had heated seats and heated mirrior.. they don't have curtain airbag and what is DRL?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Daytime Running Lamps

I think DRLs are required in some or all parts of Canada.

Although a nice feater, the heated mirrors and seats are probably need by a higher percentage of Canadian owners, so they were included as stock (probably included in the price too).

I think the side air bags are the same as the US models too.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Re: Pilot side curtain, DRL, Heated Seats/side-view its in-there?

PilotCrazy said:

I went to your link.. We new that the boys to the north had heated seats and heated mirrior.. they don't have curtain airbag and what is DRL?
DRL - daytime running lights...thats mandated by law there....no idea why others are not offered even as options here:( :(

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Pilot side curtain, DRL, Heated Seats/side-view its in-there?

ramirami said:
...no idea why others are not offered even as options here:( :(
As you probably know, Honda doesn't offer options from the factory, so these features would have to be Dealer add-ons. There might not be a high enough demand yet.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many domestic and imports offer DRL

Many Domestics such as GM etc offer Day Time Running Lights, shown to reduce accidents. EU requires them on all of theirs cars.

It was my understanding that the Canadian Side Airbags were more sophisticated (I may be mistaken - the salesman was trying to convince me to cross and buy).

Heated mirrors and seats this should have been a no brainr for Honda, once they have it available on the model why not make it available here in the states as well! Mirrors good to keep visibility and seats good to keep wifey warm!

I ended with a local issue but some times wonder if I should have crossed the border.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: Many domestic and imports offer DRL

Diesel-Lover said:
Many Domestics such as GM etc offer Day Time Running Lights, shown to reduce accidents. EU requires them on all of theirs cars.
-snip-
I had them on my last car (a Buick). I personally am AGAINST DRL's as I feel they take away one of the few advantages I have for visibility when on my 2-wheeler. As more and more cars come equipped with them - the more commonplace they will become and soon they will have little or no advantage. All the brain-dead drivers and blue hairs will still turn in front of you - with or without DRL's!!

Okay - sorry. Off my soap box now......

:20:

·
Registered
46 Posts
There are no side curtain airbags in Canada or anywere else. Think of it this way, we dont get navis and RES in our Pilots, and we dont get SCB in our Accords.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Re: Re: Many domestic and imports offer DRL

colorider said:

I had them on my last car (a Buick). I personally am AGAINST DRL's as I feel they take away one of the few advantages I have for visibility when on my 2-wheeler. As more and more cars come equipped with them - the more commonplace they will become and soon they will have little or no advantage. All the brain-dead drivers and blue hairs will still turn in front of you - with or without DRL's!!

Okay - sorry. Off my soap box now......

:20:
I'm not worried about the brain-dead and blue hairs, it's the kids driving at dawn or dusk or in the rain without headlights, usually in a dark car, and I don't see them and turn in front of them. No, I'm not brain-dead or blue haired. The biggest advantage to DRL's is when the sun is setting, and you can see that car coming at you from the shadows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts