Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I originally had a code P0455, so I got a genuine Honda gas cap and replaced the old cap. Disconnected the battery for 5 minutes and reconnected it and the code was gone for 2 - 3 days.

2 days ago, I get another check engine light for P0497, which led me to believe something was wrong with the EVAP Purge valve, but I took it to my local shop and they did a smoke test and found out it was coming from my gas tank.

They later discovered that one of the hoses that sits between the fuel pump and the evap canister and connects to the fuel tank was chewed on by mice. The hose according to my mechanic is called a "fuel tank vent hose". They tried calling Honda for the parts and Honda said they don't sell the hose individually and I would have to buy a new fuel tank. My mechanic recommended to either find the hose online, go to the junkyard for a fuel tank, or get an aftermarket fuel tank with the hoses. He also stated that since this hose is t leaking gas (just vapors), it's ok to drive but won't pass emissions inspection when it's due.

I've attached some pictures of the hose and circles where the mice chewed below:

tl;dr - mice chewed through "fuel tank vent hose", need replacement but unsure if I can get the hose individually.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Junk yard

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would clean/vacuum the area, open the hose protective cover to assess the damage, and use some straight hose couplers to fix it (most likely a single point of breach, so just cut at that spot, fix with a coupler and some hose clamps).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts