Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've purchased a Kenwood Exceleon in-dash receiver/tv/dvd unit. However, in speaking with the audio installer, I've found there doesn't seem to be any wiring schematics on assitance available from Honda/local dealer.

For example, my Pilot became a "guinea pig" in the in dash receiver and car alarm install. Does anyone have any insight on schematics for installing the steering column adaptor or subwoofer?

As of right now, I do not have a working subwoofer nor working steering wheel stereo controls!

Any insight!!!

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Find a gooid installer

Most Honda equipment is very similar.
Find some one who has done Accord, Odyssey, MDX installs

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good Installer

N_Jay:

I've gone to the premiere installer within the state of Arkansas (no jokes please). This company has won many awards and does beautiful custom install in home/car.

Ok, maybe one joke. What do an Arkansas tornado and an Arkansas divorce have in common?

Someone is gonna lose a mobile home!

Seriously, I'm bummed. Anyone know of an expert source on getting the subwoofer to work? To get the steering column adaptor to work with the Kenwood unit?

Very unhappy....

·
Registered
41 Posts
The folks on the acruamdx.org board are much more advanced audiowise than what has been done with the Pilot so far. I'd post your question over there.

I've been using that site to research the audio upgrades I want to do. What is the specific unit you had installed?

Dave

·
Registered
38 Posts
Car Audio

I do not have an answer for you but a few things come to mind.

1. The Kenwood Exceleon unit…does it have the inputs to be controlled from remote (wired) buttons. If so, you most likely will need an adaptor cable. If not, you may have no choice and you will not be able to use the buttons on the wheel.

2. Does the unit have a dedicated “bass” output on it? If not, it might need to be connected with “crossover’s” off the normal speaker outputs.

3. Keep in mind, last time I messed around with car audio equipment there was no such thing as DVD or LCD screens.

Your audio installer should be able to provide the answers. If not take your money and run.
:p

·
Registered
469 Posts
The sub-woofer is on a different connector than all the other speakers. Searh for a thread on the cell phone integration harness for details - the existing harnesses do not mute the sub-woofer when making or receiving calls since the connector is different. Good luck...

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Mike

Mike,

I posted some grainy wiring diagrams a while back at the following link:

http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1224&highlight=head+unit

The subwoofer connections are on C-11 and C-22 of the 22-pin "C" wiring harness. This is the reason that the subwoofer is not muted with the OEM handsfree unit. The harness provided for the handsfree unit is only connected to the 20-pin "A" harness (an earlier issue I discovered). If you want a better copy of the wiring diagrams, your dealer should allow you to copy them out of the Service Manua...like I did.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You'll need the Helm's Service Manual. I wish I had a scanner to show you the wiring diagram of the switch on the steering wheel. Looking at the schematic. There is only 2 wires connected. Switch signal is activated by different resistors; therefore, each button has different resistant and that is picked up on the head unit wire A3 grn/red (radio remote switch), and the 2nd wire goes to ground.

Here's the resistance:
Off approx 10k
AM/FM approx 2.3k
ch approx 1k
Vol up approx 320
Vol dn approx 50

Hope that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts