Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I鈥檓 picking up my 2018 Pilot today, I ordered a set of OEM rails for the 2019-2021 in gloss black. The Pilot I鈥檓 getting is obsidian blue pearl. Silver would look like 馃挬 on that color. When doing a search for rails it always directs me to the rails as 2016-2021. Yet it states 2016-2018 is one part number, 2019-2021 another. The directions are identical to each part number. Parts look exactly the same. I鈥檓 positive nothing has changed with the roof from 2016-2021, only the front and rear bumpers. Anyone else do a cross part installation of these? Thanks.

Registered
I鈥檓 picking up my 2018 Pilot today, I ordered a set of OEM rails for the 2019-2021 in gloss black. The Pilot I鈥檓 getting is obsidian blue pearl. Silver would look like on that color. When doing a search for rails it always directs me to the rails as 2016-2021. Yet it states 2016-2018 is one part number, 2019-2021 another. The directions are identical to each part number. Parts look exactly the same. I鈥檓 positive nothing has changed with the roof from 2016-2021, only the front and rear bumpers. Anyone else do a cross part installation of these? Thanks.
Hi Chris,

I believe they are different parts number because when I installed my rails on my wife鈥檚 2019 EX-L and looking at older video of the installation the parts number were different. If I recall the only difference was the clips that the rails uses. The rails itself look the same. Please reach out to your local dealer and ask them for the correct part number. I bought my rails from Bernardi online parts. Give them a call. They are really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Hi Chris,

I believe they are different parts number because when I installed my rails on my wife鈥檚 2019 EX-L and looking at older video of the installation the parts number were different. If I recall the only difference was the clips that the rails uses. The rails itself look the same. Please reach out to your local dealer and ask them for the correct part number. I bought my rails from Bernardi online parts. Give them a call. They are really good.

I also installed the rails myself. I think the hardest parts was cutting the existing rail to a precise measurement. I use this video from mondo man to install my rails on my wife鈥檚 Pilot 2019 Ex-L. Good luck.

Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
I鈥檓 picking up my 2018 Pilot today, I ordered a set of OEM rails for the 2019-2021 in gloss black. The Pilot I鈥檓 getting is obsidian blue pearl. Silver would look like 馃挬 on that color. When doing a search for rails it always directs me to the rails as 2016-2021. Yet it states 2016-2018 is one part number, 2019-2021 another. The directions are identical to each part number. Parts look exactly the same. I鈥檓 positive nothing has changed with the roof from 2016-2021, only the front and rear bumpers. Anyone else do a cross part installation of these? Thanks.
I鈥檓 not sure on the OEM parts but I鈥檝e considered these recently and they claim to fit a lot of year models.. They have great feedback..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts