Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may have to bring it back to the dealer and have them "reboot" it. Seriously though, they have a code that they need to enter so that you can use your radio.

When I was test driving my Pilot, I tried turning on the radio but it wasn't working. Salesperson told me that they have to enter in a code to get it working.

Good luck.:4:

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you want to try entering the radio code, it should be found in your owners packet (with the keys, I think).

·
Registered
121 Posts
swoon, like ChiefPilot said you should have this code in your posession. It comes in the form of a sticker, which can be placed on a card that Honda also provides.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I thought it was also on a sticker located in the glove box.

Chris

·
Registered
465 Posts
I started to put the card with the radio code in the glove box when my salesperson gave it to me. I thought he was going to hyperventilate. He told me never to put the code anywhere in the vehicle. If someone goes to steal your radio and they can't find the code, the radio is useless. So, I keep the code with my credit cards. That way I know where it is if I need it, but it isn't readily available for a thief.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It would make sense not to put the codes in the car, however, the PDI instructs that the stickers be placed on the inside of the glove box. :confused:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah that doesn't make any sense to me. I guess some dealers are even putting the sticket in there for you as they prep the car for delivery. My dealer was smart enouh not to do that and just gave me the stickers for me to decide. I put one on the card that was given to me (which I keep in my wallet) and I stored the extra ones at home. I think there are 3-4 stickers total.

·
Registered
388 Posts
RADIO CODE STICKER

My dealer salesperson gave us the old hide your code speech, when I checked the glove box sticker and there was the code right along with the serial number. I think the PDF(right acronym?) explains for them to cut the code portion off of the sticker before applying it to the glove box I cut it off and already in the house.
imagine that a dealer making a mistake :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts