Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume this promotion is in Canada only. Honda is still promoting a "specialized hardrock Edition" of the Pilot that comes with a package deal that consists of a specialized hardrock sport bicycle, roof rack crossbar, bike attachment, hood edge protector, front splash guards (I thought those are standard), specialized badging (not sure what this is) and cargo tray. All these valued at CAD$1,888 at no extra cost!

Wonder if any new Pilot owner has bought this special edition. Although I'm no bike enthusiast, I'm jealous of all the freebees ... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I thought, "oh, how nice", until I read the part about those extras being free!!!!!:3: :3: Early buyers of anything always get screwed like this. Yes, I feel screwed and ripped off when I see something like this. For once, I'd like to see a company reward their early and loyal customers who bought their product with no incentives or discounts.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
RipRocK said:
I thought, "oh, how nice", until I read the part about those extras being free!!!!!:3: :3: Early buyers of anything always get screwed like this. Yes, I feel screwed and ripped off when I see something like this. For once, I'd like to see a company reward their early and loyal customers who bought their product with no incentives or discounts.
Lets see, I reward the early buyers, when demand exceeds supply, then I am further sold out, leaving more of the undecided to buy the competative product while raising my cost of sales.

Hmm, spend more to sell less. Ohh, that would be good for the company. Oh, yea, I can make it up by raising the price on the next product, oh, but then that one does not meet sales expectations due to out pricing the market. Well, we will just cost shave the next model to come in with a real attractive price, OOPs cut to much and the car is a POS!

Next thing you know we have another GM! :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
N_Jay said:
Lets see, I reward the early buyers, when demand exceeds supply, then I am further sold out, leaving more of the undecided to buy the competative product while raising my cost of sales.

Hmm, spend more to sell less. Ohh, that would be good for the company. Oh, yea, I can make it up by raising the price on the next product, oh, but then that one does not meet sales expectations due to out pricing the market. Well, we will just cost shave the next model to come in with a real attractive price, OOPs cut to much and the car is a POS!
All good points indeed. However, this is Canada we're talking about, not the US. In the US, there are still many areas in the country in which the Pilot's being sold over the MSRP and doubt if USA Honda would ever offer deals like this.

When I was shopping around for the Pilot, they were never sold above the MSRP at all in this city and having spoken with my buddies in other big cities who also considered buying the Pilot, told me none of the quotes for them were above it either.

I'm not saying that the Pilot is a slow mover for Honda in Canada, not at all, but certainly, they were never sold at the rate it did in the US in the beginning. Just a couple of days ago, at the back lot of the dealer I go to get my Pilot serviced, I counted 9 Pilots neatly tucked away from the prying eyes. I sometimes end up passing by that area of the dealer when I drive home from Costco.

Another way of using one of these incentives is to entice the buyers early, saying that the accessories or the special offers won't last forever. If Honda Canada did this in the beginning, perhaps they wouldn't have to scramble for sales now:D

Next thing you know we have another GM! :2: :2: :2:
This is another good point. I'm constantly amazed at how cheap some of their new cars go for:eek: But you can usually negotiate a below sticker price, at least around here, and are also given really good financing terms, such as 0% for 3 years. That brings the true selling price lower which would force them to do just what you described above, being forced to price the newer cars at a lower price. But with what Honda Canada's offering is different. Honda, Toyota and other car makers never practiced what GM has in the past to bring down the value of their cars even while they're sitting on the lots.

Puts a whole new meaning to the adage that cars lose their value just as soon as it's driven off the lot :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RipRocK said:

When I was shopping around for the Pilot, they were never sold above the MSRP at all in this city and having spoken with my buddies in other big cities who also considered buying the Pilot, told me none of the quotes for them were above it either.
I think it is illegal to sell above MSRP in Canada. No matter, I'm an "early adopter" what can I say. I talked to the dealer and placed a verbal order before the Pilot's official debut. Then I finalized the purchase without even driving the vehicle. Must be out of my mind ... :rolleyes: but ... OK, no regrets, I love the Pilot. Just jealous of any new owners who got the extras!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
This is a promotion being offered to Canadian consumers from Manitoba west to B.C. & Kenora Ontario. The Pilot TE ( Touring Edition ), you get the EX plus side steps, front & rear chrome bumper garnish, chrome mirror covers, wood look dash and interior trim, a special Touring Edition ID, 2 x Victorynox wheeled duffel bags plus you have a chance to win a trip to Switzerland ( $25,000.00 value) and the purchase price of the vehicle. There is an early bird draw on May 31 to win a year's worth of car payment, the promo ends on JUNE 30.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
As the MRV (Pilot) is a bit overpriced for the market here in Saudi, I was told by a salesman at the local dealer that they are prepraring to introduce the same package (as in Canda) however free of charge.:(

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
love the victrynox touch...:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts