Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new IT guy from our Toronto office in town for some training. He said the Pilot doesn't sell well up there. We looked up the price for an EX-L and a Highlander V6 4x4. The Pilot was $40,000 CDN and the Highlander was about $36,000 CDN.
What the hell is going on up there? Don't they know how to overprice the Highlander? They also have an RX250 for about the same price as the Pilot. Who would buy a 4 cylinder luxury SUV? Crazy Canadiens. :eek:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
You guys really didn't look closely enough at the Highlander pricing and how it can add up real quick with forced options packages. That $36,000CDN price tag is completely base, it's just 4WD, that's it. Many of the options in the Limited Package are standard in the Pilot, such as
  • Automatic Climate Control
  • Front Side Airbags
  • Power Driver Seat
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Integrated Garage Door Opener
  • Multi Information Display and Outside Temperature Gauge
  • Rear Spoiler
  • Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
  • Theft Deterrent System with Alarm
It doesn't even mention heated sideview mirrors. And they're selling cars in Canada?
You can't pick and choose the options you want with the Highlander, which I think is total BS and is a very sleazy way of forcing the customer to cough up more money for the car. As much as I'm having doubts about the Pilot because of the problems I'm having, I still know I bought the better car of the two. I lurk in the Toyota newsgroup and the Highlander has its share of troubles and problems too, it seems.

You have to take Package B if you want the Limited Package and Package B, by itself, is probably the most useless set of options package I've ever seen. I did alot of number crunching before test driving both cars. Pilot was the clear winner in both categories. I think the only thing the Pilot lacks that the Highlander has is the skid control option.

Ummm....so, who's crazy now?

I didn't even know there was an RX250. Where did you find that? I couldn't find it on lexus.ca at all. What I can tell you is that, in Alberta, they do not carry the RX250 at all. We checked out the RX300 and the X when we were shopping around for an SUV and there was absolutely no mention of it at all at the Lexus dealer (yep, there's only one in town). Perhaps it's an Ontario thing.
Now, stop calling a nation of people names and get back to work, you loco gringo!! :2: And they're website is excruciatingly slow. Looks like whoever coded the java servlet didn't do a good job at all.

·
Registered
991 Posts
$40000 grand for an EX-L????????????? Man, did they go down or what! MSRP is $43850. in Canada... If that is what people are paying now for an EX-L in Canada, I guess I paid 2500 too much.

win some and lose some..

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
gopilot said:
$40000 grand for an EX-L????????????? Man, did they go down or what! MSRP is $43850. in Canada... If that is what people are paying now for an EX-L in Canada, I guess I paid 2500 too much.

win some and lose some..
That 40 grand is an approximate figure. The website doesn't include the block heater and other fees such as tire taxes and etc. My EX's sticker was at $41,850, so your MSRP price was right. There's exactly a 2 grand difference between EX and EX-L. I did get $500 off the sticker though since I was referred by a friend of mine, but I doubt that Honda would've dropped the price on the Pilot, even IF they're not selling as well as they had hoped.

But this is only the first year it came out and it hasn't even been a whole year even. It was a while around here before I noticed any Highlanders on the road. Before that, it was all Trail Blazers and Cherokees.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RipRocK said:
you loco gringo!!
I just looked on lexus.ca too and I couldn't even find it on the pre-owned site. Maybe he was just trying to stir me up. He did mention that he was in the market for an Expedition. I just about lost all respect for him. :eek:

As for the Highlander; the Limited package was a whole $10K more, but you could get a stripped V6 4x4 for less than a Pilot. When I priced one here last year, it was more than my EX-L.

If he can't verify the RX250 tomorrow, I'll just have to take Ronald Reagan's advice from now on: "Trust, but verify."

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Ferdball said:
I just looked on lexus.ca too and I couldn't even find it on the pre-owned site. Maybe he was just trying to stir me up.
Who knows, may be there indeed is an RX250, just as there was SC300, though people seldom buoght those.

He did mention that he was in the market for an Expedition. I just about lost all respect for him. :eek:
LOL!!
As for the Highlander; the Limited package was a whole $10K more, but you could get a stripped V6 4x4 for less than a Pilot. When I priced one here last year, it was more than my EX-L.
Yeah, it's pretty much the same situation here. I thought at first the HLder was priced more attractively than the Pilot, but a quick features comparison put that thought to rest.

If he can't verify the RX250 tomorrow, I'll just have to take Ronald Reagan's advice from now on: "Trust, but verify."
May be he was pulling your leg :p Tomorrow, he'll probably tell you that we have, besides the Pilot, an SUV called the Stewardess. :D :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
RX250 ???

I am 99% sure there is no RX250 in Toronto, leave that 1% for very special import car company.

The Rx300 start from Cn$50000 plus. and 15% tax.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He said that he saw it in the UK. I've checked www.lexus.co.uk, but still can't find it.

He is starting to lean toward the Pilot, so all is not lost with him.

And yes, when he said $40K, he meant low 40's.

...I'm going to have to get sworn statements from him now...

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Ferdball said:
He said that he saw it in the UK. I've checked www.lexus.co.uk, but still can't find it.

He is starting to lean toward the Pilot, so all is not lost with him.

And yes, when he said $40K, he meant low 40's.

...I'm going to have to get sworn statements from him now...
Hehehe....us Canadians, eh! :2:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ferdball said:
Got a new IT guy from our Toronto office in town for some training. He said the Pilot doesn't sell well up there. We looked up the price for an EX-L and a Highlander V6 4x4. The Pilot was $40,000 CDN and the Highlander was about $36,000 CDN.
What the hell is going on up there? Don't they know how to overprice the Highlander? They also have an RX250 for about the same price as the Pilot. Who would buy a 4 cylinder luxury SUV? Crazy Canadiens. :eek:
Crazy Canadians!:mad:. Well the Pilot is not overpriced because:
No LX model available
The $CDN is not as strong as the USD :1pat: :19:

What is a RX250? :confused: I never new the Highlander was a luxury SUV:2:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All unsubstatiated lies from a Crazy Canadien. I'm trying to get him on the right track by enrolling him in Liars Anonymous and seeing the errors in his ways. Time will tell if I can convert him from the Expedition to the Pilot.:D :4: :2: :eek: :1: :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ferdball said:
All unsubstatiated lies from a Crazy Canadien. I'm trying to get him on the right track by enrolling him in Liars Anonymous and seeing the errors in his ways. Time will tell if I can convert him from the Expedition to the Pilot.:D :4: :2: :eek: :1: :p
Huh?:confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts