Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad I didn’t listen to my friends and neighbors when they told me to look into a Palisade/Telluride!!!

My neighbors including many Palisade/Telluride owners are complaining about a smell that is coming from their headrests. There were multiple reports/complaints of it smelling like a stench of smelly socks to garlic cabbage to hot garbage due to the cheap leather they installed from the factory on their leathers.

I’m just laughing so hard because there’s 5 of these on my block. Whenever I see the look on their faces when they pass by, they always have a look of disgust on their faces. Now I know why!!!

I HONDA!!!

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Glad I didn’t listen to my friends and neighbors when they told me to look into a Palisade/Telluride!!!

My neighbors including many Palisade/Telluride owners are complaining about a smell that is coming from their headrests. There were multiple reports/complaints of it smelling like a stench of smelly socks to garlic cabbage to hot garbage due to the cheap leather they installed from the factory on their leathers.
Sounds like a description of the aroma of kimchi.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds a description of the aroma of kimchi.

I do wonder if there was a Fermentation factory nearby! I wouldn’t mind the smell of KoreanBBQ in the vehicle honestly!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
I can see how this can become quite a problem. Love Korean BBQ sauce (the authentic kind made with real apples and Asian pears) and regularly use it even on hamburgers. Not a fan of kimchi, though, and neither belongs in a car's headrest. By the time you get home from work with that, you're probably not hungry for supper anymore. Then the questions will come.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think it's a nice looking SUV, and Hyundai tends to make repairs with less prodding than Honda. I chose a Pilot because of personal preference, but I test drove a Palisade and there's no question that it's a quality vehicle. It wins comparison tests for a reason.

·
Registered
17 Posts

I’m just laughing so hard because there’s 5 of these on my block. Whenever I see the look on their faces when they pass by, they always have a look of disgust on their faces. Now I know why!!!

I HONDA!!!
Ha ha.. we own both. 2019 Pilot EX-L with Nav and RES bought brand new and a 2021 Kia Telluride. They may have a lower trim Telluride, the leather in my heated and cooled seats is so much nicer than the Honda. No smell at all in the Telluride. I can tell you the 2 are not even close. The Telluride is sooo much nicer it's not funny. The Pilot interior is so out dated and old, engine is loud, acceleration poor, features lacking. We had the popping and crackling in the speakers, dash went dark and it wouldn't start.. stone dead in the garage with about 4000 miles on it. Thinking about getting rid of it and getting the new Sienna. I have owned Honda and Acuras for years and I can tell you, they have slipped big time.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ha ha.. we own both. 2019 Pilot EX-L with Nav and RES bought brand new and a 2021 Kia Telluride. They may have a lower trim Telluride, the leather in my heated and cooled seats is so much nicer than the Honda. No smell at all in the Telluride. I can tell you the 2 are not even close. The Telluride is sooo much nicer it's not funny. The Pilot interior is so out dated and old, engine is loud, acceleration poor, features lacking. We had the popping and crackling in the speakers, dash went dark and it wouldn't start.. stone dead in the garage with about 4000 miles on it. Thinking about getting rid of it and getting the new Sienna. I have owned Honda and Acuras for years and I can tell you, they have slipped big time.
I was with you on some of this, but FYI the Telluride (regardless of trim) is nearly a second slower to 60 than the current gen Pilot (regardless of trim), so you're wrong on that point.

Acceleration is pretty good in the Pilot, and the engine sounds great. No issues there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It could be a second faster but in my normal driving I’m not going 0-60 as fast as I can.. seems the pilot hesitates a touch. I was talking about road noise, not the engine sound sorry.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It could be a second faster but in my normal driving I’m not going 0-60 as fast as I can.. seems the pilot hesitates a touch. I was talking about road noise, not the engine sound sorry.
The point of 0-60 tests is to demonstrate acceleration ability in everyday driving. It's faster across the board. A 1 second difference in vehicles in the same class is significant, and results in a real difference in the driving experience.

My Touring is pretty quiet. Quiet enough to have a conversation at normal level with my kids in the 2nd row when traveling at highway speed. I wonder if lower trims have less sound insulation.

Anyway, I think the Hyundai/Kia entries into the class are both very good, and certainly competitive. But they aren't quicker under almost any circumstances, particularly in current year Pilots with every trim receiving the 9 speed transmission. The one knock I see against the Kia in almost every test is that it could be quicker, and the tires are on the thin side compared to the competition.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The point of 0-60 tests is to demonstrate acceleration ability in everyday driving. It's faster across the board. A 1 second difference in vehicles in the same class is significant, and results in a real difference in the driving experience.

My Touring is pretty quiet. Quiet enough to have a conversation at normal level with my kids in the 2nd row when traveling at highway speed. I wonder if lower trims have less sound insulation.

Anyway, I think the Hyundai/Kia entries into the class are both very good, and certainly competitive. But they aren't quicker under almost any circumstances, particularly in current year Pilots with every trim receiving the 9 speed transmission. The one knock I see against the Kia in almost every test is that it could be quicker, and the tires are on the thin side compared to the competition.
0-60 time mean zero .. Why Your Car Isn't as Fast as the Magazines Say

·
Registered
169 Posts

I've posted a similar comment before...

Hyundai and Kia make a nice product BUT depending on how long you plan to keep the vehicle will determine whether or not you notice the differences.

If you get cars every 3 years you probably won't notice except in the resale value.

If you keep it longer you'll start to notice where Hyundai and Kia cheap out. Specifically the plastics, trim and paint.

Either way, enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
658 Posts
If you don't already know, the popping issue has been fixed and there has been a recall for this. Just take it to your dealer and they'll get it taken care of.

Also just wondering, was your previous car an S class or something? The engine in the Pilot is really quiet in mine and other's opinions, and the acceleration is pretty good too. The only reason it would be bad is if you are in ECO mode.

·
Registered
6,166 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you don't already know, the popping issue has been fixed and there has been a recall for this. Just take it to your dealer and they'll get it taken care of.

Also just wondering, was your previous car an S class or something? The engine in the Pilot is really quiet in mine and other's opinions, and the acceleration is pretty good too. The only reason it would be bad is if you are in ECO mode.
previous car was a Acura TL and an Odyssey EX-L .. engine is quiet.. its the dreaded honda road noise.

·
Registered
658 Posts
previous car was a Acura TL and an Odyssey EX-L .. engine is quiet.. its the dreaded honda road noise.
Make sure you aren't driving in ECO mode. ECO mode does the opposite of what it's supposed to do for some reason.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Definitely not driving it in ECO mode
Hmm. There shouldn't be any reason that the engine would be loud then. Only time it should be loud is when you're revving it out, but every car does that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hmm. There shouldn't be any reason that the engine would be loud then. Only time it should be loud is when you're revving it out, but every car does that.
IT IS NOT THE ENGINE THAT IS LOUD... JUST LOUD ROAD NOISE!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts