Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove the Highlander and Pilot back-to-back last night (same dealer). My wife came away favoring the Highlander; I thought the Pilot had the edge.

She later asked me if I felt the Highlander seemed more like a woman's car, and you know, I said she might be on to something, at least in my little mind. Fact is, after she brought it up, I had to say -- seems like every time I see a Highlander, it's a female behind the wheel

Anybody else feel that way, or am I crazy? Please respond, either way.

JMB

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Welcome!!

I think maybe it's because the Pilot is more squared off than the Highlander. Less.....foo-foo and curves? :D
Never once thought I was driving a man's vehicle though. :31:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sage,

Thanks for the response. Not so much saying the Pilot is a "man's" vehicle ... more that the Highlander is a "woman's" vehicle.

JMB

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Gotcha... Can't say I agree though. See alot of men driving the Highlander down here. BUT - That's maybe because there aren't any dang Pilots here yet! :p

·
Registered
148 Posts
RX300

Now That is a feminine car....oops sorry if any of you guys drive one.
If it were masculine...I'd have bought one 3-4 years ago due to Lexus quality...just could not do it.

Highlander....I could go either way on that vote.
Pilot...nobody every says it, but I think it's classic SUV looks are a bit "Jeep GC", definately masculine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The pilot is bigger, more powerful, has a third row seat, more payload, in my book it beats the highlander hands down. BTW, i've always been a toyota guy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought the Pilot over the Highlander in part because of the Pilot's more rugged look. Call it masculine if you want. In the Bay Area though you'll find plenty of women more masculine than you or I. ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Down here I rarely see men driving Highlanders. It is a little more car-like in its looks, not as rugged as a Pilot. All of the 5-6 Pilots I've seen have been men driving. Still the Highlander is a good alternative if you can't get a Pilot.

As far as the Pilot being masculine....yes. As "masculine" as a monstrous Excursion? Well, no, if you bring egos into the picture.

The way I see it......if you buy a Pilot, you are a smart person who has definitely done their research. You want a reliable SUV with some style, power, and a little luxury all wrapped up in one very affordable and well-featured package.

And perhaps the most distinguishable thing? We are a different breed! You're not just another Trailblazer/Durango/Explorer owner.........you're a PILOT owner....and PILOT owners rule! :D :29:

·
Registered
411 Posts
I don't agree

I don't see how the Highlander is more "feminine". Curved lines? Oh, come on. The Highlander is just as boxy as the Pilot. It is very plain. Some people think the CRV is feminine and the Pilot looks A LOT like the 1st generation CRV (My wife drives a 97 CRV).

Some people would call the Pilot feminine just because it's not a real truck. So there will always be people who might think you are driving a "feminine" car, even though it "looks" like a truck.

I agree with the one post about the Pilot beating the Highlander in size. That's why we're going with the Pilot over the Highlander. They are both great vehicles. They both have their assets. It just comes down to which one meets your current needs. For us, it's the Pilot.

I just wish the Pilot had the Highlander's build quality. Of coures, the Highlander is built in the plant rate #1 in quality by JDPower vs. Pilot which is built in the Canadian plant (which had problems with the Odyssey and MDX). I'll hold off our purchase until spring. Hopefully some of the "issues" will be addressed by then :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts