Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife drives 90% local (non-highway) miles to and from schools, basketball games etc...

She is getting 16.5 MPG.

We asked the Dealer service rep if this was common. He said yes this is what he has been hearing. We have 4000 miles on this vehicle.
Does this sound right to you folks?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Sounds about right

Local driving is bad for gas milage.
Especially with a heavy vehicle.

Driving style might get you 1 or 2 more MPG, but that is all I would expect, and it might not be worth the frustration.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I was a bit concernrd about my milage, I have been getting about 13 mpg mostly short commutes to and from work. Did a little research during the OKI Meet yesterday and I averaged almost 22 mph and I drove into one strong dtorm on the way home, so I would say if you are in the 13-22 range your'e ok

·
Registered
33 Posts
My wife and I average about 17 mph around town and over 20 on the highway. Although that can vary depending on how the car is being driven.

I have also noticed that cas milage is getting better as we put more miles on the car. Right now we're at 6000.

·
Registered
162 Posts
funkcity said:
My wife drives 90% local (non-highway) miles to and from schools, basketball games etc...

She is getting 16.5 MPG.

We asked the Dealer service rep if this was common. He said yes this is what he has been hearing. We have 4000 miles on this vehicle.
Does this sound right to you folks?
Like your wife, I also do almost exclusively local driving and am averaging around 17.5 mpg. I think the highest mileage I ever got was almost 19 and that was because of a few highway trips thrown in. I have about 3100 miles on it so far.

My Pilot is at the autobody shop right now and will be there for a few more days due to some deep scratches caused by accidently opening the garage door when the back hatch was up. I really miss my car!!!!!:( :(

·
Registered
276 Posts
Don't quote me on this but I think I've achieved 22mpg on a drive of 90% highway and 10% city.

I think lately I've been between 17 and 20mpg with about 3700 miles on it.

·
Registered
900 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Write it down

I have a record of every gallon along with the corresponding miles and mpg that is related to both Pilot one and two. Total miles should be 15000 plus. Number two gets better mileage and runs smoother. I will try to figure a way to copy and post these records. Small things affect mileage a lot. I keep a small spiral notebook in the console along with a calculator. This should be helpful in the situation some are in where they feel that they have suffered a loss of performance after a service visit. The fall in mileage would be obvious. BPILOT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts