Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just replaced the bushings and balljoints in my LCA's in my 07 with 210k on her
The bushings were replaced with poly ones I found on Amazon from a company called PSB.
Just got the alignment done afterwards. And shes all good again.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I would think that poly bushings in that join would stiffen up the control arm, make it ride a bit rougher, and limit articulation a bit? The other complaint with poly bushings is squeaking if you don't keep them greased... but with a steel center insert that will probably be ok.... just really stiff. The OEM rubber bushing design allows it to give a lot for the LCA to articulate.

What ball joints did you use?

Can you tell much difference in how it rode before?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
View attachment 134051 Just replaced the bushings and balljoints in my LCA's in my 07 with 210k on her. The bushings were replaced with poly ones I found on Amazon from a company called PSB. Just got the alignment done afterwards. And shes all good again.
Great job! Teaser pic for future build thread...just waiting on a few more parts

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Great job! Teaser pic for future build thread...just waiting on a few more parts
Give us a parts list there. Especially the brand or part number for the leveling kit, spacers, UCA, LCA, stabilizer links, and why you picked them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Give us a parts list there. Especially the brand or part number for the leveling kit, spacers, UCA, LCA, stabilizer links, and why you picked them.
This forum helped steer me to KYB/PROFORGED/MOOG but the big deal was ReadyLift on Amazon.....the price swing throughout the day on Amazon was incredible and I've seen it as low as $430 and back up to retail. @430 there was no reason to consider other brands or generics
ReadyLift 69-8010 = strut extension, SB link, coil spacer, adjustable camber arm
KYB Strut
KYB shock
PROFORGED LCA
PROFORGED outer tie rod
on order
MOOG springs
PROFORGED inner tie rod
Cam bolts

·
Registered
593 Posts
This forum helped steer me to KYB/PROFORGED/MOOG but the big deal was ReadyLift on Amazon.....the price swing throughout the day on Amazon was incredible and I've seen it as low as $430 and back up to retail. @430 there was no reason to consider other brands or generics
ReadyLift 69-8010 = strut extension, SB link, coil spacer, adjustable camber arm
KYB Strut
KYB shock
PROFORGED LCA
PROFORGED outer tie rod
on order
MOOG springs
PROFORGED inner tie rod
Cam bolts
Yeah, that is some swing!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts