Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got one of these from Tim at HondaAcuraWorld.com. Awesome, heavy duty and well made...

"Suggested Retail Price $12.95. This beautiful key tag is a definite must have. Durable metal design will give you years of use. "Honda" model logo. *Genuine Honda Licensed Product "

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
I picked up one a couple months back at one of the local dealers here in Phoenix. It was priced somewhere around $17, so I should have check if Tim had them in stock at that time. It is a really good quality Keyring and it looks like it will last for several years.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice. My wife picked up the same key chain from our local car wash for about 10 bucks. It looks really nice.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That Pilot Keyring looks cool and I thought about getting it, but I've been on a real effort to minimize everything that goes in my pockets lately (i.e., slimmed down my wallet, got rid of all unnecessary keys, etc.). It's been quite liberating. Anyway, I just carry the key on the remote keyless entry FOB. Does the Pilot keyring add a lot of bulk in your pocket?

Evergreen

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Evergreen said:
Does the Pilot keyring add a lot of bulk in your pocket?
Evergreen
No, it is very sturdy - but not heavy nor overly thick. Maybe half the width of the key FOB. It is great! One lessoned learn on my previous key chain - do not slide the key and the FOB on at the same time. It make it too thick for too long and bends the key chain so the ring does not stay tightly close. Glad to make the upgrade.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Evergreen said:
That Pilot Keyring looks cool and I thought about getting it, but I've been on a real effort to minimize everything that goes in my pockets lately (i.e., slimmed down my wallet, got rid of all unnecessary keys, etc.). It's been quite liberating. Anyway, I just carry the key on the remote keyless entry FOB. Does the Pilot keyring add a lot of bulk in your pocket?

Evergreen

I'm with you, Evergreen. In fact, if anyone ever comes across a mini-fob, please let me know.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Keychain

Had one for about 3 months. From Tim. Real nice, but don't drop it on concrete. It is soft metal and "dings" up pretty easy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
nice looking...but since we have a 02 CRV and an 03 Pilot it means I carry two large keys and two large FOBs already...yuck...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Honda Pilot Key Ring/Chain

Anybody seen any other Pilot key ring/chain options with the word Pilot on it?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Re: E-Bay Item

kemosabe said:
Looks like someone is offering this same item on e-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2401274188&category=33705

Starting bid: US $15.99

From the ad: "One Brand New, OEM Dealership key chain. One time offer only. Will never be offered again by us. Choose any style below. S&H $4.95"
I like the look of Tim's keychain more. The all metallic look is better to me. But I'm rather perplexed by the wording of their listing. It says "Choose any style below". But there's only one style, AFAICS. And claiming, "One time offer only. Will never be offered again by us" is the kind of pressure selling tactics employed so typically by car dealerships. I guess it's even being extended to their eBay listings from their showroom floor.

Also, this seller does not have a good rating at all. I usually go by the 5% rule when doing transactions, especially when I'm the buyer, on eBay. Their neutral + negative ratings = 43. Their positive ratings = 379. 43/379 = .1134 => over 10% of the feedback consists of non-positive feedbacks. I'd rather not take the chance with these guys.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Re: Honda Pilot Key Ring/Chain

CarolinaPilot said:
Anybody seen any other Pilot key ring/chain options with the word Pilot on it?
I have one that separates in the middle so you can leave your keys at the dealer and take house keys with you. It and the one pictured above were given to me by my dealer. But I would advise against the one that separates. It came loose three times. I lost my keys at the movie theater, in the mall parking lot and at home. Not a good feeling - but at least I did find them!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Keychains arrived.

For every new car we purchased, we always get a nice key chain thrown in with the car when we asked. For the Pilot, the salesman just laughed at us for asking. After all, he discounted $1,500 off MSRP. My wife complained that we don't have a keychain, so I had to order from Tim. Also, we need the big word Pilot on them so that we can identify the keys, otherwise the CRV and the Accord keys are confusing to us. There must be at least 10 separate keys on the rack.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Where did you get the detachable key fob? I want that one - I have never card for the other style (the big blob).

·
Registered
152 Posts
Bought them at Hondacuraworld.com. I didn't know there were two different one until I opened the box.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Tony said:
I picked up one a couple months back at one of the local dealers here in Phoenix. It was priced somewhere around $17, so I should have check if Tim had them in stock at that time. It is a really good quality Keyring and it looks like it will last for several years.
WHERE did you get it Tony? Which dealership? :)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
copperpoppy said:

WHERE did you get it Tony? Which dealership? :)
HEY CP!!!! Welcome back!! Where ya been??? :2:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Sage said:
HEY CP!!!! Welcome back!! Where ya been??? :2:
Hi Sage,
How ya doing girl?
As for me, I've just been wandering around aimlessly. Actually, my computer is acting up something TERRIBLE and I am just too pooped by the time I get off work to bother to reformat it.
Isn't that terrible?(G)
Did manage to pick up some of that S100 wax that everyone was talking about and did the hood of the Pilot with it. VERY nice. It was a spray. Do you believe it? A spray car wax? Whodathunkit.
As soon as I get baby reformatted I will be back more. At least I hope.
How have YOU been?
CopperPoppy

·
Registered
465 Posts
gksmith said:
Where did you get the detachable key fob? I want that one - I have never card for the other style (the big blob).
Beware the detachable keychain. See my post in this thread. It comes open very easily, and the key/fob slide right off. Trust me - you don't want it.

And, hey CopperPoppy. I missed you too! Now if we could just find vegasdude...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts