Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I could tell you where the noises are coming from, but I am not exactly sure. I am getting a ball bearing grinding type noise that is loud and random.
Maybe a bearing is failing somewhere? I was afraid the car would not make it home, but I got no cel lights or any warnings just noise. When I got it home in my driveway I was turning the wheel left and right and the noise was loud, then all of a sudden it stopped, and I could turn the wheel left and right with no noise. I don't know I did do the timing belt about 300 miles ago, but everything seemed fine, I used the Aisin kit checked and double checked everything. I hope that's not it. It idles fine in the driveway and the motor sounds fine, the grinding noise stopped, I don't know I am sure it will return. I changed the alternator about three years ago with a Napa rebuilt Denso I think. Not a clue.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
It might help to get a recording of the sound and post it. I'd hate to guess.

Reactions: 317290

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Nail Grease! I am going on a trip so I have to wait to figure this out when I get back. I almost want to get a new vehicle as this one is a little long in the tooth, but is seems a waste to give up on it as it still is a nice looking vehicle and the motor and trans run well. It just need a little TLC and I believe I can get another 100k out of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts