Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I\'m going to replace the stock horn with a horn that plays La Cucaratcha

Votes: 10 7.9%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Honda should consider a deeper unique horn now that the Pilot is the Car and Driver large SUV of the year.

·
Registered
385 Posts
(In a prior post I indicated that) It's possible that this is the same horn Honda used to put on their 70cc minibike. Badly needs some bovine steroids.

·
Registered
395 Posts
It's the exact same horn that's in the Accord, and I'll bet in the other Honda cars.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'm only upset that you didn't provide "Dixie" ala the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard. Now THAT was a horn!

Chris

·
Registered
310 Posts
What would it take to get a better horn?

Any idea out there?

·
Registered
340 Posts
better horn...

I agree that the Honda horns are wimpy. Check out Howard's Horns. Even though they are made for motorcycles, they will work perfectly on autos. They will scare the bejesus out of anyone within 200 feet of you. Used to have one on the bike, took it off becuase it was just too loud.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I agree that the horn is a tad, uh, undersized for such a buff vehicle. However, I like the remote key lock feature and use it regularly. The comfirmation beep to signal that the doors are locked is just the right volume and in my opinion would be too intrusive to use if it were any louder.

·
Registered
310 Posts
pjl56 said:
I agree that the horn is a tad, uh, undersized for such a buff vehicle. However, I like the remote key lock feature and use it regularly. The comfirmation beep to signal that the doors are locked is just the right volume and in my opinion would be too intrusive to use if it were any louder.
pjl,

Good point on the confirmation beep. I like it a lot more than the loud chirp-chirp-chirp that seems to be the industry standard.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd go for a deeper mellower horn with a little chirping. Anyone know if there are aftermarket horns?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
It would be nice

Wish the lock beep, was more of a chirp.
Wish the horn was a bit deeper and louder.
I think I am going to get a pair of Hellas, or maybe Fiamm air horns.

·
Registered
698 Posts
WHEW!

Boy am I glad I read this thread. WHAT is with that horn?

That thing is a Soprano. And no, I don't mean the "fergitaboutit" kind of Sopranos, I mean the Beverly Sills, Opera Singer, soprano.

This is NOT going to do.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Jerry said:
Here's some choices for replacing the stock horn: http://www.autobarn.net/horns.html
Thankyouverykindlysir. I couldn't believe that a car THAT impressive has such a precious little sound. Reminds me TOO much of MIKE TYSON.

Grabbing ear and running...
Copper

·
Registered
494 Posts
What's on that website? Let's see. Oh yah. There we go, a 130 Decibel Super Loud Highway Blaster Horn.

WHAT?? HUH??? I CAN"T HEAR YOU!!!

I don't know how I became deaf, by the way check out my cool HORN!!! :D

·
Registered
698 Posts
Tony said:
What's on that website? Let's see. Oh yah. There we go, a 130 Decibel Super Loud Highway Blaster Horn. WHAT?? HUH??? I CAN"T HEAR YOU!!! I don't know how I became deaf, by the way check out my cool HORN!!! :D
That way you and Threadhead will know when I am coming down to Phoenix.(G)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Honda's sounds

I don't think Honda will ever change the sound of there horn.. It just has to sound that way (I think they are proud of the sound)

:D

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re: Honda's sounds

gopilot said:
I don't think Honda will ever change the sound of there horn.. It just has to sound that way (I think they are proud of the sound) :D
Hard to believe these are the same folks that brought us GODZILLA.

If I get a new horn, will that void the warranty?

·
Registered
56 Posts
No more Girly horn....

Got an HELLA air horn kit installed last night. Paided ~65 installed. I believe that there are actually 2 factory horns and the install folks only took 1 of the horns out. Its really cool... If i gently press the horn in a quick motion, only the factory horn is sounded. The Air horn only goes off if I press the horn a little bit harder than a tab.

So driving in NYC , I get to use the horn quite often. On the way home, this BMW 330 convertable decides to drive 5 mph in a 25 mph zone. I gave him a gentle tab and of course he ignores me... So with a smile on my face.... WHAM... I blew the airhorn at him. He literally jumped...

Hee Hee...

·
Registered
261 Posts
i REPLACED MY 2003 HORNS WITH THE 2004 HORNS FROM HONDA. THEY ARE MUCH LOUDER AND DEEPER AND ARE MADE BY BOSCH. FOR ABOU $30

·
Registered
423 Posts
HDTVEE said:
i REPLACED MY 2003 HORNS WITH THE 2004 HORNS FROM HONDA. THEY ARE MUCH LOUDER AND DEEPER AND ARE MADE BY BOSCH. FOR ABOU $30
Did you replace them yourself? The instructions looked pretty complicated to me, removing the bumper etc.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts