Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just returned from a family vacation in Tuscany. What a great trip. The Pilot handled well against all those small Italian cars. Only rubbed the tires a few times dodging on-coming traffic...

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the Pilot in Switzerland having just finished a run through the 17km long St. Goddard Tunnel...

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cruising down the mountain, getting ready to cross into Italy...

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Parking was tough in Fiesole above Florence. Grabbed a hilly spot against a seminary school dating back to the 14th century or so...

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On of our first days, we head over to the Republic of San Marino (only 37 sq. miles in size). The Adriatic Sea with the country of Croatia are in the distance.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Parking below the top of the mountain in San Marino, we prepare to take a cable car to the top...

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One of the many hill towns on our way back to our villa through the Italian country-side...

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Pilot goes to church...

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stopping for some pottery shopping...

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Time to drink and drive :D

We stop for a wine tasting at a local castle...

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We stop in the town of Collodi at the Pinnochio Park to give our 3 year old some time to run around...

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just can't say enough about Pisa...

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Mannhatten of Italy with all of its towers, San Gimignano...

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another Italian Hill town near Siena...

(Also, near the Olive Garden Culinary School which we almost hit for lunch, but decided to skip for lack of time.)

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Checking out of our villa at Monsignor della Cassa (http://www.monsignore.com/).

From the site:
The Monsignor Della Casa Country Resort is located in Tuscany, in the heart of the Mugello district, home of the Medici, of writers and famous artists such as Giotto, Cimabue and Fra Angelico.
It is situated in the midst of the estate where Giovanni della Casa was born in 1503 - he rose to fame as Vatican Secretary of State under Pope Paul IV, and as the author of "GALATEO", one of the world's greatest books on etiquette.
Translated into several languages the "GALATEO" became the undisputed reference standard for the ladies-in-waiting to Queen Elizabeth I of England.

Highly recommend it as a place to stay near Florence...

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
autobahn said:
The Mannhatten of Italy with all of its towers, San Gimignano...
Here you all go, took the Pilot "off-roading" through some vineyards to get this picture of San Gimignano...

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
SWEET PICTURES!!!!!!!!:D

My family and I are booked to go there in March 2004 I hope it is a pretty then as it was for you!:)
So driving around wasn't to bad? I am debating renting a car or trying to train it most of the time. I have driven in the British isles and Ireland but not mainland Europe. It should be easier considering there at least on the correct side!:rolleyes: Besides if I survived driving in N.Y. and L.A. I should be able to drive anywhere!

Matt:1:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
m-mmeyer said:
SWEET PICTURES!!!!!!!!:D

My family and I are booked to go there in March 2004 I hope it is a pretty then as it was for you!:)
So driving around wasn't to bad? I am debating renting a car or trying to train it most of the time. I have driven in the British isles and Ireland but not mainland Europe. It should be easier considering there at least on the correct side!:rolleyes: Besides if I survived driving in N.Y. and L.A. I should be able to drive anywhere!

Matt:1:
Driving in Europe is easy and fun. Just stay out of Paris and Rome with a car and you will do fine. In Germany, do not hog the left lane or you will get run over. Gas is about $4-5 per Gallon, but is still economical with a family. If it is just two of you all, trains may make more sense. Cars can haul more and take you off the beaten track.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts