Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still can't believe my tires can tuck this well in the rear! (very minimal rubbing) I was very careful when I chose my new wheels (Method 502 16x7 5x4.5 30mm) and tires (Yokohama Geolandar G003 MT 235-85-16) to not add much width to the setup. I was able to maximize the flex by cutting out my rear swaybar. Simply disconnecting the swaybar led to interference issues while driving.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Looks good! I'm really struggling not to post pics of my R50 Pathfinder flexing because it makes me sad how much less flexible the Pilot is... the R50 was unibody but it did have a solid rear axle and I did remove the front sway bar.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good! I'm really struggling not to post pics of my R50 Pathfinder flexing because it makes me sad how much less flexible the Pilot is... the R50 was unibody but it did have a solid rear axle and I did remove the front sway bar.
LOL, I am not disillusioned that the Pilot has limited articulation. I am simply working to maximize its potential. It flexes better than a lot of unit body vehicles and almost all Hondas that I have seen. In my latest Uwharrie videos I was shocked to see how well I was able to keep the Pilot's wheels down. Next time I go I am going to disconnect the front swaybar and unleash the beast! LOL

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What mods do you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will be doing a walk through video soon! My build thread has a lot of info too: Honda Pilot Build

I have 2.5" of lift, firestone airsprings, front skid plate, 32" MT tires, Method 502 race wheels, raised/ cold air intake, 2 external trans coolers, trans temp gauge, custom front skid plate, smittybilt roof basket with tons of goodies, led lights, custom hidden front hitch reciever, hitch mounted winch, etc

I have a ton of videos up on my YouTube channel! http://youtube.com/hondapilotoverland

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
LOL, I am not disillusioned that the Pilot has limited articulation. I am simply working to maximize its potential. It flexes better than a lot of unit body vehicles and almost all Hondas that I have seen. In my latest Uwharrie videos I was shocked to see how well I was able to keep the Pilot's wheels down. Next time I go I am going to disconnect the front swaybar and unleash the beast! LOL
Yea... especially with a spacer lift preloading springs or stiffer springs it is really hard to get that up travel that keeps the other side lower. I'm just waiting for you to go full custom and design/install a long travel setup, that will be really cool.

I'm assuming right now you are looking at a subframe drop to let you get in the 4"-6" range. That should get you larger tires but without custom control arms your flex will remain the same.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea... especially with a spacer lift preloading springs or stiffer springs it is really hard to get that up travel that keeps the other side lower. I'm just waiting for you to go full custom and design/install a long travel setup, that will be really cool.

I'm assuming right now you are looking at a subframe drop to let you get in the 4"-6" range. That should get you larger tires but without custom control arms your flex will remain the same.
I think my next lift will be a 1" subframe drop and about 3.5" of lift from spacers. Based on my current gearing and rubbing, I don't plan to go any larger than the 32" tires I have now. I do have my eye on a company that might be able to make a front suspension lift for me! The back is multi link, so there isn't too much I can do. It does droop and tuck so that is better than nothing.

Next time I head to Uwharrie I am going to bring spare front axles and run with the swaybar disconnected. That will help the front flex a lot better.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot SE
331 Posts
Watched a couple of your vids. I'm not too far from SC, and have a silver Pilot as well. Might be cool to have a dual silver Pilot video once.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts