Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there had to haul one of these or both? My piece or junk 3 year old GE washer/dryer set need to be replaced already. Is it possible to haul one of these in a pilot?

Do I have to swallow my pride and borrow a truck from people that will laugh at me for thinking my Pilot is a truck?
Please tell me it's doable with all seats folded down. My husband says "no way babe"
Fingers crossed:confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:
Has anyone out there had to haul one of these or both? My piece or junk 3 year old GE washer/dryer set need to be replaced already. Is it possible to haul one of these in a pilot?

Do I have to swallow my pride and borrow a truck from people that will laugh at me for thinking my Pilot is a truck?
Please tell me it's doable with all seats folded down. My husband says "no way babe"
Fingers crossed:confused:
My money is on you!!!! As long as you do one at a time, they should fit (laying on their back).

(BTW, buy a Maytag this time)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hope you're right!

Oh by the way...don't make me scan in another consumer reports chart! Maytag can't touch a Whirlpool!
Going for the front loading WHirlpool DUET set. I just hope their boxes arent HUGE. Oh jeez...just had a flash of future cardboard box houses and creations in my livingroom. I'd better hide them from my kids.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my3kids said:
It will hold a 4X6 piece of plywood. A dryer boxed for shipment isn't nearly that tall. You'll be fine.
You guys are making me feel so much better. Thanks :)
I'm going to have to take photos of my pilot loaded up for the next piloteer questioning this.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
Like I said - you will have to lay it on it's back as the opening is only 35.5" high and most machines are around 36" tall.

So the whirlpool is better than a maytag? Yep, you better get that scanner warmed up!!!

:2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
Oh you gotta take a picture!! :4:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm so ashamed:

colorider said:
Like I said - you will have to lay it on it's back as the opening is only 35.5" high and most machines are around 36" tall.

So the whirlpool is better than a maytag? Yep, you better get that scanner warmed up!!!

:2:
Okay, so I was looking at the wrong repair history chart. Since I started this:

Least repair prone:

Dishwashers: Whirlpool
Washing machines: Maytag
Dryers gas and electric: Whirlpool

So you were right, motorcycle man!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sage said:
Oh you gotta take a picture!! :4:
If it DOESN'T fit, I'll feel it is my duty to post that too :(

Should be soon. My neighbors are going to kill me if I don't give my ear piercing screeeeeeeching dryer the torch.
My appliances are all 3-5 year old GE, and breaking down...never again. No more GE appliances.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
Re: I'm so ashamed:

74PILOTMOM said:

Okay, so I was looking at the wrong repair history chart. Since I started this:

Least repair prone:

Dishwashers: Whirlpool
Washing machines: Maytag
Dryers gas and electric: Whirlpool

So you were right, motorcycle man!
Really? I know it USED to be that way - but I have not read a CR for ages. I've owned both, but currently own one of the top-load Maytags. I would REALLY like to get a front loader as they are much more efficient from both a water usage and power.

So, which are you going to buy now?? :confused:

(I'm sure either would be good):)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:

If it DOESN'T fit, I'll feel it is my duty to post that too :(

Should be soon. My neighbors are going to kill me if I don't give my ear piercing screeeeeeeching dryer the torch.
My appliances are all 3-5 year old GE, and breaking down...never again. No more GE appliances.
Some people believe that GE should have stuck with making light bulbs......:2:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
Oh yes!

One last item....

This may be another good reason to have a small utility trailer. Motorcycles one day and appliances the next!! Works for me!!:7:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WHIRLPOOL DUET, BABY

I JUST LOVE THESE. I don't know if you have a Lowe's where you live, but they have these for $997washer, $799 dryer. Sears sells the same washer for $1,399. Yikes. I can't even really justify the $997, but I think front loaders are the way to go. This particular washer just won a popular mechanics design and engineering award. The washer uses 68% less water and 67% less electricity.

Are we still at the Honda Pilot website?
I'm guilty of threaddrift!:eek:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
Re: WHIRLPOOL DUET, BABY

74PILOTMOM said:
I JUST LOVE THESE. I don't know if you have a Lowe's where you live, but they have these for $997washer, $799 dryer. Sears sells the same washer for $1,399. Yikes. I can't even really justify the $997, but I think front loaders are the way to go. This particular washer just won a popular mechanics design and engineering award. The washer uses 68% less water and 67% less electricity.

Are we still at the Honda Pilot website?
I'm guilty of threaddrift!:eek:
Thanks for the info!

Since it was YOUR thread, and it is still about W & D, I'd say your are not guilty!!! :2:

(Beats talking about Goodyear tires all the time!!!) :12:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
Re: Re: WHIRLPOOL DUET, BABY

colorider said:


Thanks for the info!

Since it was YOUR thread, and it is still about W & D, I'd say your are not guilty!!! :2:

(Beats talking about Goodyear tires all the time!!!) :12:
Ok - Well since we're not drifting here...

What's the benefit of the front load - besides saving water, etc. Has anyone know anybody that has one? Why do you love 'em so much 74P?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
I am about to ask the same questions cause I need to buy the laundry set for my new house. Can't go to the Duet though cause its too pricy for me.

Waiting for you picture.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hear the washing machines are more gentle on clothes too, no agitator in the tub. They also spin dry your clothes better, needing less dryer time. The dryer has an LED time remaining display.

Best feature- you can see your Pilot in the glass when you pull into the garage. Now there's a real must have:29:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:

Best feature- you can see your Pilot in the glass when you pull into the garage. Now there's a real must have:29:

OH! You are TOO good! :4:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,351 Posts
Re: Re: Re: WHIRLPOOL DUET, BABY

Sage said:


Ok - Well since we're not drifting here...

What's the benefit of the front load - besides saving water, etc. Has anyone know anybody that has one? Why do you love 'em so much 74P?
Well, since we're not drifting... :p

Front loaders don't have an agitator. This leaves more room for your clothes, and is supposedly gentler on them as well. I wouldn't know, since I have a Kenmore (forgive me, it seemed like a good idea at the time.) But I believe you have to use special low-suds detergent, so that's a potential drawback. Oh yeah, and the hundreds of dollars more they cost, as well. I still want one though. :(

edited to add... d'oh! Didn't see 74Pilotmom's response before I posted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Re: Re: Re: WHIRLPOOL DUET, BABY

tracy said:

.... But I believe you have to use special low-suds detergent, so that's a potential drawback. Oh yeah, and the hundreds of dollars more they cost, as well. I still want one though. :(
\

OH MAN! Where the heck am I going to find THAT?
I've never seen anything like that...maybe because I wasn't looking. Sounds expensive though. I'll have to be the official front loader guinea pig. IF MY HUSBAND LETS ME $pend the ca$h.
 
1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Top