Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pilot Meets Test at Garden Center

Well, Mr. Ziploc and I made our first serious visit of the year to our local garden center to pick up plants, potting soil, mulch, etc. I'm happy to report that, without folding down the second row seats, we were able to load the following into the Pilot with plenty of room to spare:

5 bags mulch
1 large bag potting soil
1 large plastic watering can
10 outdoor plants of various sizes

The cargo organizer was perfect for holding the plants, most of which were quite "tippy." Nary a leaf or stem was harmed in transit, which is rather amazing! A small amount of dirt was left in the cargo organizer after we took the plants out....so we just unhooked it, shook it upside down, and placed it back on the cargo tray. The bits of mulch left behind on the cargo tray were easily swept out with a small brush.

In short, the Pilot--with its added cargo tray and cargo organizer-- fulfilled its sports UTILITY vehicle function handily and conveniently with easy cleanup. Mr. Ziploc and I continue to be happy campers with our choice of the Pilot and accessories!
:D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
I have the cargo tray and was able to put no fewer than eighteen bags of rubber mulch in the back.

Lots of room back there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ChuckW said:
I have the cargo tray and was able to put no fewer than eighteen bags of rubber mulch in the back.

Lots of room back there!
Eighteen bags! With the second row up ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
I was able to load 30 table centerpiece arrangements in the back with the 2nd row still up. I was amazed. Although when I had to carry some long lengths of pipe from the home center....they fit....but barely. I finally found one thing my Grand Caravan is better at doing. But only one!!...Well, mileage, so maybe two things. I wasn't crazy about having to lay the pipes on top of the seat backs and onto the dash board. The table arrangements would never have gone in the van without removing the back seat though ....and that was no easy task!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Nope, just the third row seat up. Rubber mulch bags are about the size of topsoil bags but I was still able to cram eighteen of them in there.

BTW, if you don't have it, get the cargo tray. I catches all of the dirt, grime, and water associated with hauling garden stuff. Really nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
I posted this earlier in another thread but it still amazes me.
Loaded 62 pices of landscape edging @ 22lbs a piece.
All 1,364 lbs hauled with no problem. Loaded behind 2nd row & back. Went straight home & unloaded quickly. Went over the limit on hauling weight a bit but the Pilot handled the load beautifully! Will haul only 50 next time though. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
OK - Just what is RUBBER mulch? Better than regular? Why? Never heard of it. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
Sage said:
OK - Just what is RUBBER mulch? Better than regular? Why? Never heard of it. :confused:
Sage: Where in the world have you been??? :confused: Hadn't heard anything from you in ages!!! I even had a special post for you here: Click here! Welcome back, girl!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Um, I meant third row seat DOWN. The second row was up though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
kemosabe said:


Sage: Where in the world have you been??? :confused: Hadn't heard anything from you in ages!!! I even had a special post for you here: Click here! Welcome back, girl!!! :D
Hey kemosabe!
Thanks! Good to be back. I'd pop in for a couple of minutes but couldn't stay. Missed you all!

Ok - I'm goin' on record here and saying that I wanna be the girl in the hat when I grow up!!! OK? OK. :4:

Trying to "catch-up" on the good stuff. Anything I should know about?
:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Rubber mulch is chopped up tires that have been dyed to various colors. It looks like pine chips from five feet away, doesn't degrade, doesn't float off in the rain, and never needs to be replaced.

Go here to see more: American Rubber Mulch Click on the Rubber Mulch link.

It looks good in the yard but your flower bed will have that "new car smell" for a couple of weeks after you put it down. The stuff I put in my yard over a year ago has not degraded at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
ChuckW said:
Rubber mulch is chopped up tires that have been dyed to various colors. It looks like pine chips from five feet away, doesn't degrade, doesn't float off in the rain, and never needs to be replaced.

Go here to see more: American Rubber Mulch Click on the Rubber Mulch link.

It looks good in the yard but your flower bed will have that "new car smell" for a couple of weeks after you put it down. The stuff I put in my yard over a year ago has not degraded at all.
Guess it holds up in mega-heat? I'll check out the link! Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
Sage said:


[ S N I P P E D ]

Trying to "catch-up" on the good stuff. Anything I should know about?
:confused:
We broke the 3000 member mark!!! :) But we only have about 400+ in the VIN table... :( I broke the 2000 post mark. florida_guy and ramirami broke wind a few times... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,484 Posts
kemosabe said:

florida_guy and ramirami broke wind a few times... :D
But I used glue to fix it and now you can't tell the difference. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
kemosabe said:


florida_guy and ramirami broke wind a few times... :D
sorry one burrito too many..... :2:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
kemosabe said:


...last Friday night at the ramirami residence after "one burrito too many"... :4: :eek:
dont blame me I picked up a snack at this place:2: :2:
 

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top