Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was leaving the Relay for Life and went to the car and the passenger side rt window was broken out. The stole her purse and all her money. They later found the purse but of course no money or credit cards.
The window was tinted and the attempted to pry the window open and the glass shattered. They then reaced in and grabbed the purse causing the glass to scratch the door panel and glass everywhere. The police fingerprinted the car and that made almost as much as the glass damage. Took me three hours to clean up the glass and I can not get a new one until next week. There is also some abrasions on the leather. This sucks for a vehicle with only 3500 miles. The plastic panels and trim sure do scratch easy. I am not sure I will replace the panel but it will make me mad everytime I look at it.
Just venting. We still love our pilot.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
KM1.8T: Many humble condolences on your Pilot break-in!!! Oh, that is such a shame that those bastards (or bastard) violated your "new" vehicle!!!!!! Hopefully, the cops/detectives can catch the crook(s) with the fingerprints!!!!! Take care!!! :(

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
KM1.8T said:
My wife was leaving the Relay for Life and went to the car and the passenger side rt window was broken out. The stole her purse and all her money. They later found the purse but of course no money or credit cards.
The window was tinted and the attempted to pry the window open and the glass shattered. They then reaced in and grabbed the purse causing the glass to scratch the door panel and glass everywhere. The police fingerprinted the car and that made almost as much as the glass damage. Took me three hours to clean up the glass and I can not get a new one until next week. There is also some abrasions on the leather. This sucks for a vehicle with only 3500 miles. The plastic panels and trim sure do scratch easy. I am not sure I will replace the panel but it will make me mad everytime I look at it.
Just venting. We still love our pilot.
Wow - what a bummer!!! This EXACT same thing happened to my daughter years ago with '89 Chevy Cavalier. In her case, the party (or parties) must have been watching as she parked her car and saw her attempt to hide he purse under the seat and then lock up and walk away. She had only had the car less than 48 hours and she was devastated!

I hope they catch the culprit that broke in to your Pilot. BTW, I assume you got the credit cards "turned off".

:eek:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Man, so sorry to hear about your story. That just totally sucks. What really pisses me off is the incidental damage that occurred, like on the door panel and on the leather. Hope you were able to get all that finger print dust off.

May the person who committed this crime die a painful death in some cold ditch somewhere, preferably sometime soon. Scum bag!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the support. My wife is a teacher at a middle school and there is a chance that some of the kids from school may have done the damage. You hate to have the kids do more damage later though. Did have all the cards canceled. It would have been cheaper just to give them the money.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
:( sorry to hear about the break-in. that is why I am thinking of putting a blinking pilot light which hopefully will deter these thieves. our pilots have alarms, but Im surprised it did not come with the blinking LED pilot light to let them think twice before doing their deed. maybe a clifford sticker will help too.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
sblvro said:
:( sorry to hear about the break-in. that is why I am thinking of putting a blinking pilot light which hopefully will deter these thieves. our pilots have alarms, but Im surprised it did not come with the blinking LED pilot light to let them think twice before doing their deed. maybe a clifford sticker will help too.
sblvro: On my Pilot, both the passenger and driver's side windows have a small white sticker that says "Security System and Immobilizer Anti-Theft System" (or something similar) and the driver's side door lock has a red blinking light with the words "Security" on it...

...but then again, who can resist Clifford??? :p

Attachments

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
:D hahaha did I miss that sticker, yes it has a sticker, my mistake, but the blinker doesnt seem conspicuous to me even at night, or maybe I just did not notice it?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
408 Posts
I believe the Honda alarm System don't detect a broken window, only if someone open a door. I install an extended alarm on my pilot with a sensor for wheels, windows and panels (sound sensor and lift sensor). If any object hit a window or a panel the sound sensor detected and trigger the alarm.

I'm not aloud any body to leave their purses on the car (I have three teen girls + wife) or else, that’s a no no no, thieves are all over waiting for you to made those mistakes

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hey colousa, where did you get your glass break sensor? I've been looking for one ever since my Pilot was broken into through the passenger window.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well at the time of delivery I found that it isn't any sound alarm so I request the dealer to install the alarm with sensor, but keeping the Honda features also they installed the little scan red-light on the left side of the window. ( of course 400 and change dealer price you know)

·
Registered
342 Posts
The lack of a sound sensor was a surprise to me too. I just want to find a way to get one without paying an arm and a leg for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts