Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know not many (especially those that know what a real bike is) would ride this, but I thought it was cool. I was looking through the Sunday advertisements and found the 26" Honda Trail Pilot Bicycle at Kmart. When I tried looking it up on the web (even with the item number they give) I was unable to find it. Just thought I would share with everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks like lower end components, but since its from Honda, it will probably last forever as long as you change the oil every 3k....hehehe

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
g128620 said:
Looks like lower end components, but since its from Honda, it will probably last forever as long as you change the oil every 3k....hehehe
I wonder if it has SS and scrunch? :eek:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Gads I wish that Honda made a bike that was as maintenance free as their autos. I'd buy one today. I bike commute and hate the constant maintenance that today's bikes need. Ride them in the rain just once and they rust. Really, it seems like bikes are not designed for riding, they are designed to get people to buy them. If they were designed for daily riding they would never fall apart so easily. Several bike commuters in my neighborhood buy cheaper bikes and just give them away after a short time because it is cheaper than the constant maintenance. Honda - PLEASE make a bicycle with your own components then mass marketed stuff out there stinks.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Colorider, we can buy the bike attachment and ride with our SPIII too! :jump3:

Kemo should be joining the SPIII club today hopefully if it comes in on time. :7:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
FLPilot said:

Kemo should be joining the SPIII club today hopefully if it comes in on time. :7:
But we may not see Kemo again after he figures out where all the local "establishments" are at!!!!

:2:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
I will wait for the better electronics in the 2004 model ;)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hey, but the extended warranty is only $7.99:1:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ext Warranty on bike

Twinkie said:
Hey, but the extended warranty is only $7.99:1:
WHAT ???!!!! :eek:

I paid 8.49 for my warranty. But I have the $1.75 deductible

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
FLPilot said:

Yes, indeed!!! I did receive my SPIII today -- the wife made dinner plans with another family tonight so I didn't have time to look through it yet... :3:

Also, the Honda Pilot bike is available on E-Bay here: Click me!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
colorider said:

But we may not see Kemo again after he figures out where all the local "establishments" are at!!!!

:2:
Once I figure out where they're located, colorider, I need to visit them to make sure the SPIII didn't give me false info... :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
kemosabe said:

Once I figure out where they're located, colorider, I need to visit them to make sure the SPIII didn't give me false info... :D
That's the place I had in mind!!! I guess I need to dig into the features of my GPS V to see if it does the same.

:eek:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does it come in Sandstone also? Nice find, better looking than my bike. Where did you see this? How much?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
FLPilot:
The bike is part of Honda display @ the Tokyo Motor Show on now 'til 1st week of November.....very limited write up on the bike....

...from hondanews.com
The Honda Racing Stage will feature the MotoGP championship machine RC211V, Honda's new downhill racing RN01 mountain bike, and a range of other vehicles representative of Honda's spirit of challenge and advanced technology.

·
Registered
367 Posts
MKell-What breaks-mine are low maintanence?

MKell,what breaks on your bike?I have had better luck than you,mine don't require much other than fixing a flat.
I don't commute anymore-haven't in 20 years-but I still ride about 10 miles a day in wet climate.
Back then,I had the double butted 5-3-1 frame,and decent Jap and Italian components.Now,I have one bike with a Aluminum frame,and low end Shimano comps,the other has a carbon frame and better Shimano components.I have flats,but have never had anything fail to function.The shifters do seem to be a bit delicate,but they haven't broken in >5000 miles.
I am really curious what fails?If I were commuting,I would probably do it on a decent(maybe $500) used bike off Ebay with a very sturdy MC lock.I had a cheaper Mongoose(about $250 new) bike for a while,but I got seduced again,and went upscale.The cheap bike wasn't bad,but I didn't have it long enough to see how it would hold up..
Let me know about your failures,if you get a chance.Thanks,Charlie

1 - 18 of 18 Posts